Advice please

So i left my f20 motor set tool box and Datsun 510 chassie at a guy name GEORGE storage/shop
everything was good i always paid my rent on time. keep in mind i didnt sign any papers when i first left the car there.

about 6 months i left the country and left everything up to my ex gfs brother to handle it since he was working on the car.

he stopped paying and disappeared.

about 3 months ago i got ahold of george tryng to figure out what was going on he said he stop paying and if i want my things back i got to pay him.

i paid him what i owed and then it took him 2 weeks to drop my things off but by the time he was ready the shop that was going to take the project on wasnt ready and had to wait.

so finally he drops the chassie off

with out my F20c motorset and my tool box.
me and my friend try to get a hold of him and he keeps stalling to meet up
finally today they met up at the shop we had the car at and he said he sold my MOTOR and transmission set and my tool box. (tool box was worth about 3gs) it was new still and tools in it as well.

in return hes trying to tell me he will pay a grand and call it even.

that is ridiculous

im giving him a couple days to think over what hes done

he seems to think hes in the right to sell everthing off after telling me to pay him back and he drops all of my belongings off.

i dont want to take legal action but im also not going to get played

so my question to you guys is should i report it to the cops first or go to my lawyer?

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

heres a link to the shop
http://www.son240sx.org/showthread.php?116061-New-Shop!!-Work-on-Your-Own-Ride/page4&highlight=open+spot+rent

http://www.authenticsportscollectibles.com/store/images/APE-JACKSON-BO-BAT.jpg

this

^^^ This

^that

Gather any and all receipts you have for the box and motorset. Gonna need them for the legal route.

I don’t have receipts but I can dig the transactions off my visa
I bought the motor off my friend as well

Thanks for ur input bro

^ ready for a war yet?

Ya without any solid proof for purchases you’re kinda s o l. So maybe go to sporting goods store and invest in some baseball equipment. Cash only no paper trail lol. Good luck with everything bud.

I have receipt hem in my visa
And I have witnesses that he said he would return all my belongings once I payed the balance

And he fully admit to selling my things and is offering me 1g in return

I can also have my bro write me a bill of sale for the motor

i watch those storage shows and if rent isnt payed they are legally allowed to sell your shit.
i saw a show once where there was a car in the unit a jag i beleive and the sold everything except the car cause they had to do something with the ownership im guessig this is what happend to you u or someone else didnt pay the rent and he sold off your shit sounds like ur out of luck couple broken windows should cover you damages but it sucks…

ive actually spoken to a cop today and he said prety much thats theft.

what hes running there is in the gray area its not a shop/its not a storage unit/ im sure hes not payin tax on what hes renting out.
im goan wait it out till monday and see if he decides to change his mind or not.

i dont need to go the route of violence as i can settle this legally from what im finding out.

The officer told me that what hes done is selling off the property thats not his and it will be considered stolen property

the deal was i pay the balance and he returns all of my belongings.

You can settle the legal stuff then turn to violence. it’s a win win.

I agree this has to be done via court, luckily he has a shop so you can put a lein on him if he doesn’t pay, and through further action even possibly force him to pay a portion of monthly income kinda like alimony

IMO the visa transactions and affadavits should be enough for the proof, this isn’t a murder trial, the burden of proof is lower… he had no right to sell your stuff especially if you never entered a no-pay default agreement…

If you didn’t contractually allow him to take ownership of your stuff, then the only thing he is entitled to do is go after you for excessive damages/charges/fees brought on by having your things — and since he already asked you for the agreed balance, which you paid, he has no further rights to your property

1. Do it legally 2. Win 3. Give him a shitty shitty rep and ruin his chances of ever having a shop/storage unit again. Give him a bad name.

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

1. Do it legally 2. Win 3. Give him a shitty shitty rep and ruin his chances of ever having a shop/storage unit again. Give him a bad name.

And technically, if you’d never signed papers to anything, you didn’t even need to pay him because there was no bill created.

Thanks a lot guys
I’m going to confirm all of this with my lawyer monday morning when he’s free.

I’m not trying to make this bigger then it is but I feel like he’s trying to take advantage of me and that’s
Not right at all. I held my end of the deal and he didn’t. I know he will have more legal concerns then js paying me back as I know what he’s doing there is not legit.

Any more insight would be greatful

you need to watch the dictatorship. you know how he got the health and safety rating from a C to an A? he held the inspectors family hostage! works everytime.

I’m going to wait it out till Monday as the guy who. Fought me there (conky) is a very straight forward guy and I’m waiting for his input

use a rock:

http://i.imgur.com/QABbV.gif

ask to see the newspaper notice regarding your property etc.

I have an uncle with a body shop and IIRC unclaimed property must be posted in a local paper (after 60 days for 2 weeks?) if the property owner cannot contact the person in arrears

^without the above mentioned steps he has no legal right to sell someone elses’ shit…

threaten to have a lawyer contact him at his expense…