importing a car with j-spec imports

hey everyone. I’m considering importing a skyline using j-spec imports and I was wondering if anyone else had used them and if so what was the process like. Thanks for your help. http://www.j-specimports.ca

I did and had a great experience with them. Contact Ben (Ben@j-spec.com.au) and he can answer all your questions. The process was easy and the hardest part was the waiting!

I would personally contact Import Concern or World CarLink in order to get a car from Japan for their knowledge/experience as well as the situation this summer with shipping companies.

Both companies can offer alternative shipping via container instead of waiting to get onto a drive on car carrier for 2-3 months and miss having your car for the summer, I would recommend them to handle importing a car for you from japan in this situation especially

Thanks for the info. I don’t really mind the wait to much because the car that I want doesn’t become legal until this December so there is no way that I would be able to drive it until next spring anyways.

I would decide on a list of requirements for the vehicle you want, and contact a few different import companies and see what they can do for you.

Oh, how convenient, I JUST bought a car from J-Spec Imports. It’s ready to be shipped soon, Ben is going to arrange shipping via container for me so I can avoid the big wait with RORO. I would recommend Ben if you are thinking of importing, he was very helpful with all my questions. Hope this helps!

PS. I originally wanted a Skyline but I ended up buying a…Toyota! Don’t kill me! >_<

i had a great experiance with them, both ben and craig are nice guys. the car was what i had expected. there service fee is 1000 which is not so bad.

i would buy from them agian!

Dallas