The Real Deal w/ J-Spec Imports?

Im wondering if anyone has actually gone from start to finish ordering a vehicle from j-specimports.ca

I visit the site often just to browse and theres always at least a handful of vehicles i consider for purchase but I know the price doesn’t accurately reflect the ACTUAL FINAL COST of getting one of these vehicles here, registered, safetied, insured and driving on the road… legally.

I’m hoping that someone whos PERSONALLY (not heard from a guy who heard from a guy whos cousin bought a car there) gone start to finish and hopefully include a nice detailed break down with costs associated with each transaction. I figure this could be an educational thread for all if the right person posts a nice detailed post.

:slight_smile:

well the cost of the car somtimes dosent include import fees dont know the name of it but you haveto pay a few fees ontop of the cost of the car best thing would be is call them up and ask. around how much its going to be its simple

Didn’t Noc buy his Silvia from J-spec?

I thought he got it from Gabe at Japanese Imports, but I could be wrong.

I too would love to know!

They do say total cost landed, include commission, export, shipping. Only thing left would be to pay tax on it and for a safety. I think the hardest point would be insurance.

Not really any different then buying private from someone. The savings more then make up the cost of a safety, of course as long as to don’t buy a complete bucket.

I thought he got it from Gabe at Japanese Imports, but I could be wrong.[/quote]

You are correct, sir.

The landed cost is also only to BC, Canada. So you need to get it to Ontario somehow as well.

Someone must have purchased a car from these guys :slight_smile:

Rail from VNR to TOR will be about $1000.

I doubt anyone on SON has bought from them. Maybe ask on GTRC.

Don’t their ads/prices say “$X,XXX Landed” though…as in to imply shipping would be included?

I’m sure there’d be a bunch of other fees and taxes and stuff, but as far as i’m concerned, the listed price should include the shipping. Otherwise, i’d say the ad is misleading.

ask Axelrod aka paul.

im pretty sure “landed” is landed in vancouver.

yea landed means only to Vancouver and then like Phil said its $1000 to transfer the car through railway fron Van city to Ontario

I tried contacting them about all this crap cuz I was gonna buy a car through them and I want it to get to Toronto

They have not responded yet Too good to be true I guess

I was waiting for the “catch”.

Thing is, this is a “Southern Ontario” forum, they should make a more specific banner or something.

With that said, they really have some great prices, and good selection to boot.

has anyone else noticed a general drop in prices of imported cars lately? or am i just going insane? everything on j-spec seems cheaper than similar cars a couple months ago.

I was ready to buy an FD a few months ago and e-mailed them about shipping to the GTA and I got no response…for me, all it takes is one strike so I’ll look elsewhere next time I’m interested in importing.

if u want a mint FD,RHD, contact GABE at jap imports and say u found out about the FD from varun on son240sx.ca…

He will hook u up…
peace.

i’m with varun, deal with gabe. He’s a great guy and is willing to go the extra mile for you. In my opinion, the best importer to deal with in ontario.

http://www.japaneseimports.ca/index.html

This is the place you guys are referring to right?

these guys are based out of Toronto if anyone is looking for an alternative. I don’t know how they fair in terms of business though.

example right here…Gabe offer’s financing, and many other incentive’s. Like i said he’ll go out of his way to help you out.

I was downtown Toronto, I had just bought my car from him (2 years ago) some of my paperwork was incomplete. He drove downtown came to into the restaurant, dropped off the paperwork and left. Choosing to be late for something important. This is the type of guy you want to buy a car from and deal with.

I met him, really nice guy… We talked for a bit back like a year ago or 2.