Importing question (with a twist) for Ontario

bumper laws have been harmonized between us, the US and EU as well.

^^ Bring on them old school Evo’s I say then!!

if this is actually possible (which would be awesome), then I would love to see a nice S15 once again. I’ve only seen foreign diplomats with new (-ish) cars that were never sold here before.
Although, there’s a possibility that you could bring it in a kit car. A lawyer (across from my office) has an Ariel Atom that he brought in from UK and registered it as a kit car. I’m not sure how, but then again he’s a lawyer LOL (his website www.petrillolaw.com )

Keep up posted if you find out any new info…

I wonder if you would get in trouble if the car was stolen… considering a canadian citizen (assumed) was using/ stealing the car?

Good luck with this, be great to see an S15 in person

Not to thread jack, but is that the dude that has it street legal? I heard there was one in 'sauga, and that was the only one that was streeted in Canada.

yes that’s the one. you can see his ontario license plate in one of the pics, “ATOM 2” :slight_smile:

Quick update, I finally got a reply from CBSA…

"We are writing in response to your e-mail regarding the importation of a vehicle into Canada. Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding. We are providing this information based on our understanding that you will be a temporary resident in Canada with valid work permits/authorizations for employment.

Since you will be employed in Canada, you will not be limited to a one year importation of your vehicle. Under the Customs Tariff, as long as the duration of your contract of employment is less than 36 months, you
are permitted to import your vehicle into Canada, duty- and tax-free, for a maximum of 36 months after the date of your arrival in Canada, or until the date that you complete your employment, which ever date comes first.

However, should your initial contract, or any subsequent extensions to your contact, exceed 36 months, you will have to pay the applicable duty and taxes for your vehicle and it must meet Transport Canada’s Registrar of Imported Vehicles (RIV) program requirements. "

so it’s good news all round, the car can stay for 3 years. This might make it worth my while :cool:

to be continued…

Congrats :slight_smile: But we’ll see if your car will stay in 1 piece in 3 years. :wink:

WOW MAN Congratz!
Thats awesome news!

Please be careful though, I don’t want to open up a thread on SON within the next 3 years about a s15 being jacked out of the GTA, and seriously if your not careful it may happen.

Other than that, kudos my friend you own “onehellove” a ride lol

I want to see this car…

Get a winter beater lol, you will want one.