In need of a HONDA Tuner in Pittsburgh.. CRX ZC

Okay… Here’s the deal. I need somene in Pittsburgh, or the surrounding areas to tune my Honda. I have swapped a ZC into my 1990 CRX. I have AEM Cam gears, DC Sports header, Thermal Cat-back, RT Cat, AEM CAI, Head work, lightened flywheel, Hi-prof clutch, etc… etc… I cannot seam to get the most out of this engine. I have AEF Fuel rail, RT injectors, AEM Fuel regulator, etc, etc,… I would be curious to know if I bight have a vacuum issue or something… Please help…

swartzzz@hotmail.com

Hybridynamics are the guys. In Youngwood, about two miles form exit 75 of the PA turnpike.

Phone is: 724 925 2660

Ask for Eric or Jay…

http://www.hybridynamics.com/

They have a chassis dyno too! :cool:

What do you have to tune with ?? They cant help you unless you have some sort of tuning equipment ?? AFC ?? AEM ??? Hondata ?? Zdyne ??

hybrid …

when you get a chance make a noob post

Do you have a fuel pump? Put the stock injectors back in till you have something to control them with…

I have an AEM fuel pressure regulator controlling them. Is that what yu mean?? What would you advise to control them. I have approx 35lbs of fuel pressure. Under quick acceleration, the pressure drops to about 20lbs. Is that normal? Is there a better fuel pump? Like I said before, I am using the default setting of the AEM fuel pressure regulatr.

a fuel presure regulator is NOT a good way to control your tuning. it is probably pig rich or super lean. also the presure droping might be a fuel pump not strong enough.

get something to tune with

By something to tune with he means get your ECU chipped or get a piggy back system like a V-AFC. Piggy backs arent the best but they do the job. Getting your ECU chipped and tuned does the job and does it well. You cant tune your car if you have nothing to tune with. I suggest doing some research man.

Having some actual mods which would require some type of advaced tuning would help. Headers, cat-back, and intake on a ZC does not require larger injectors over stock by any stretch of the imagination. At most the tiny increase in air flow due to those bolt-ons could be accounted for by a lb or two increase in fuel pressure over stock if even that. Stock honda parts can go a hell of a long way in power production before needing to be replaced.

Get that fuel pressure up like 48psi WOT. AEM FPR does not come “pre-set”, you have to adjust it.

Again… I have the head ported and polished for forced induction at a later date. The valves mean tuned, The AEM cam gears can be adjusted, either advanced or otherwise, correct? Was I to assume that the Fuel injectors, while being higher flow, will still be controlled by the ecu? Also, I have an MSD Blaster Coil, 6AL ignition and cap. What should I do t control the fuel pressure?? Should I simply adjust the regulator, or do I need to replace the fuel pump.

PS… I appologize if I seem ignorrant. But seriously, isn’t what this forum is for?? Learning??

what size injectors do you have? cam gears will not give you much power on a car with relitivly no mods. the stock ECU will control the injectors to a set voltage. your stock ECU does nothing to correct AF ratios.

also if you have the head ported for a FI set up then it will probably run like ass till you get some boost.

fuel presure is not your problem at all infact you are already under the factory fuel presure which is usually about 43psi at idle. you need to either drop the coin to get a tunable ECU(crome, hondata, aem, power fc, etc) or dump the bigger injectors and be happy with it the way it runs.

also who did the swap for you? not to be mean but you seem to know very little about what needs to be done and if you and your friends did it I would say something is probably wrong with that too.

48psi on a bigger than stock injector with nothing to control it will just flood the motor and wash the rings out

No doubt that I probaby over emphasized the need for more fuel. Again, thought that it would be controlled with the regulator. I appreciate the info. I did the swap myself. What do you think I could have done wrong? I am 31 yrs old and very mechanical. I grew up tuning farm tractors and small engines, but I might have overthought. I am not afraid of dropping the coin. I chose the ZC for many reasons, but most importantly due to cost. I plan to either supercharge, then eventually turbocharge. But right now, I have a 1990 CRX si w/ less than 92k miles with a done over ZC DOHC swap w/ integra ecu… plus the parts that I mentioned. I like the ability to adjust the cam timing… If I advance both cams, I will effectively shift the power curve down, have more low end torque, and broader powerband but less peak. My stock injectors will be re-installed in the AM. Do you have a shop? Any experience with the zc swap? I am not affraid to spend the coin to make it right.

You have a lot more extra parts complicating the picture than what you need.

If you still have them put back on the stock fuel pressure regulator, stock injectors, stock ignition. All the stock parts are more than enough for what you have and can handle more than what you currently have and do it more reliably. If you do not have the stock parts, try adjusting the fuel pressure up or down a bit and see if that improves the way the car runs. If you have slightly bigger than stock injectors then a slight decrease in fuel pressure might imporve things. If you went much bigger on the injectors, then you’ll need a chipped ecu or similar to have any prayer of getting them cut back.

Call 412-221-1922 Ask for mark. Thats mcb’s Number. He is an expert when it comes to the ZC engine. He has it in a 91 civic hatch. And has installed and tuned over 20. His daily driver has one. lightened flywheel. thermal exhaust, dc header ect. Use’s as a track-autox car too. Never has problems