Went to the Dyno

I hit up Tag Racecraft today to see what my car is putting down. I was curious because I just installed a Power FC and attempted to tune it myself on the street. This is my setup:

SR20DET Red Top
S14 T28 at 11.5 psi
Nismo 555cc injectors
Power FC D Jetro
3 inch turbo back exhaust
FMIC with 2.5" piping

The car put down 253.5 hp and 243.2 ft lbs of torque at the wheels. This was on a Dynojet Dyno.

What is confusing is that my my PFC is reading a 91% injector duty cycle. How can this be right when its only a T28 at 11.5psi? Also, the AFR wasn’t very rich in the low 12s at full throttle, full boost.

I’ll try and snap a pic of the graph if I can get my hands on a camera. So what do you guys think?

get it tuned properly ramesh, dont cheap out now!!

I’m guessing here but could low fuel pressure cause a higher duty on the injectors ? I’ve read upping the fuel pressure can lower the duty a bit so I’m assuming it could also work the other way around ?

Do the math…

254 at the wheel is about 292 at the fly if you assume 15% drivetrain loss.

Use any online injector calculator and figure out how big your injectors need to be to make 292fly on a turbo motor with e BSFC of 0.65 and 90%DC.

Your answer will be about 554cc injectors.

Ur timing may be too conservative,confirm that ur base timing is set properly then add a few degrees at peak power… injector duty should go down

you should make more whp on these 555`s

go with Mustang DYNO…
DYNOjet…is a well known happy dyno bro

dynopack is also very accurate

Do you have an upgraded fuel pump? Would that be the issue?

Just taking a stab. Lol

Fuel pressure may be low or your pump may not be flowing enough. What fuel pump are you running? Also, you may need to calibrate the PowerFC. It may be thinking you’re running some smaller injectors if you haven’t set up the parameters yet. Check also the injector impedance value. I’m not sure that the PowerFC is automatic for injector impedance and if it’s running high-impedance injectors at a low impedance, that would certainly account for your lack of fuel.

1. Double-check injector size. Check injector impedance using a multimeter.
  2. Check injector parameters in PFC (impedance, flow, and pressure values).
  3. Check fuel pressure on FPR and in PFC. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think factory specs should be around 38-42psi?

FTR, don’t ever tune for 90% duty cycle. It’s not the issue here as 550s should be more than enough for what you’re putting down, but on a high revving motor (anything above 6k) that is REALLY pushing your injectors. Ideally you want to tune for 70-80% duty cycle.

Rule of thumb is 1lb/min/hp…

Lemme know how this turns out.

your car is slow, and runs shitty 1/4 times… all that money and still going slow, dyno lying… go buy a truck and leave the cars to the big boyz!! okay kool!!.. you cant buy driving skillz

Look whos talkin, have u ever been on track?

stop stroking nick’s dick :stuck_out_tongue:

The fuel pump I’m using is the stock one from a Z32 TT. I’ll get an adjustable FPR and see what happens.

You put on racing tires, installed a Power FC and all and still cant to a good pass down the 1/4 mile! I have been on Shannonville and Cayuga for drag! you know i am always going to shit talk you man, so next year come to shannonville, and maybe Mosport and we will see!

Bring your R-Comps and whatever else you need.:slight_smile:

try to stay away from gay dick comments and keep on my good side!

Lol, I use street tires for drag.

You know I am and always will be faster than you Junior. I even handicap myself with a heavy, flexible chassis, and still will set faster times than you. You should stick to Honda’s haha.

hahha. shit talk. i love it.

please explain i hope im misunderstanding u

lol i hope you know you havent gone faster than me lol… you have a bigger turbo and Power FC and STILL cannot beat my time!!.. in my friend bubble i have done 12.7 all motor, just tuning was done… oh on street tires!! lol Be careful about dissing cars that are faster than you! Keep dreaming!! And if you beat me in your dreams… wake up, call me and say your sorry!!

ya’ll mutha fuckas need diapers for ur faces , cuz the only thing comin outt of them id shit

Wait, you can’t even afford your own car? You have to run a 12.7 in you’re friends car? I can talk all day about running 12s in a friends car.

When you save enough pennies for your own car, then start talking shit. As usual, you are all talk. Just like with the KA-t you were gonna do, and just like doing time attack this season. Overall, you completely fail. :smiley: