in the market for new tires

im in the market for at least 32’s, possibly 33’s if they will fit. im prob gonna have the jeep for only another year so i dont want to spend a fortune. im open to either at’s or mt’s, give me some good ideas for decent tires for a 15’’ rim.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Set-Of-4-LT-32-11-50-R15-6-Ply-Maxxis-Bighorn-Mud-Tires_W0QQitemZ250068031324QQihZ015QQcategoryZ66473QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Buy a set of these!! I did and I love’em quiet,great ride and cheap to boot

thanks im gonna look into those

I have 4, 35 x 12.50 R15 BFG Mud Terrains. About 50-75% tread left. $60 each

^^^

if im unsure if 33’s will fit, i know 35’s wont, but thanks anyways.

What do you need a tire to do?

Go through 20" of gumbo muck?

Ride well on the street?

Be quiet on the highway?

Get decent treadwear?

Drive around in 2 feet of wet snow like we got in Oct as if there wasn’t snow on the ground?

My Bridstone Dueler A/T Revos do the last 4, but I’ve been told they aren’t great in the mud. My truck has never seen deep mud, probably never will, so that’s no an issue for me.

i have the same tires on my truck and they work great

20" of gumbo muck - would be nice but its not necessary

ride well on the street - i want them to be stable on the road

quiet on the highway - my jeep is already loud enough, loud tires wont hurt

treadwear - id like for these to last AT LEAST 30k

snow - most mtr’s do fairly well in snow, as do at’s, but yes itd be nice

basically im looking for a decent balance of offroad capability and highway manners, which is why im not set on either at’s or mt’s. most of my driving is obviously on the streets so id like something with some highway manners (stability mostly), but i want to be able to go in the mud without getting stuck in the first puddle i drive into.

All of what you said = Maxxis bighorn I do 70 on the 400 all the way to my work and so far they are wearing great, but you do have to rember its a MT tire with a 6ply sidewall so bumps and potholes are rough compaired to a at or street tire

i have firestone destination MT’s and they are amazing on and off road. Very quiet on the highway and have a nice bite in the mud and clean very well. They are rated #2 mud tire on tirerack.com only to the bridgestone dueler MT’s. I worked at firestone when i bought these tires and was a toss up between the two and all the salesmen said that the duelers arent worth the extra $20 a tire cuz they are basicly the same.

These are pricey tires, but if you read some of the reviews on tirerack some of the people have upwords of 60k on these tires

Based on what you said, I’ll suggest the tire I have on my Expedition, just because I read a lot of reviews and my first hand experience with it has been great. Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo.

Not saying there isn’t a better tire, or a cheaper tire, or a better cheaper tire… but I’ve seen a ton of people very happy with this one, myself included.

the dueler A/T revos were always a good seller… i had my friends dad put some on his exploder n he loves um

but not that great for mud…

sadly, the A/T revo only comes in 31’s.

ok ive narrowed it down to the following:

dunlop radial mud rover mt
2 different sets of kumho mt
maxxis bighorn

and although i dont want 31’s, i may be able to get a cheap set of cooper stt’s which are supposedly pretty solid.

One thing to consider when getting big tires is axles. I read in one of the old mans jeep mags that they didn’t recommend going over 33’s on stock axles for wranglers. Although the Rubicon could take it bigger.

all the tires im looking at are 32’s

i just put a set of ProComp Muders on my CJ5, 35"x12.50"s and im really happy with them on the road and in the mud. got them from 4wd.com they had a nice holiday special, set of 5 tires, steel rims, mounted, balanced,shipped: 995$ not bad. I was going to get the Dunlop mudrovers from sam’s club(they actually have 35" tires instock lol) , but i coulnt pass that deal up and i like the way the sidwalls look on the procomp tires.

yea if you plan on goin with 33+ and a locker pretty much bet on snaping an axle and LOOSING A WHEEL