Attention Off Roaders, Mudders, Rock Crawlers, Etc, Etc

My truck is nearing completion. There for I am in need of some new tires to complete the “new” feel.

Looking into 35x12.5R15’s x 4

Obviously Super swampers are the ultimate off road tire. Well, mostly for liquid type off roading.
http://www.national4wdonline.com/images/pi_4078.gif

My struggle is picking the BEST tire, radial is preferred as well, for mostly climbing and rocks. Definetley there will be mud. Keep that in mind. Road noise is not a big deal. Yet, 75% of the trucks life is on asphalt. It destroys tires. My Baja Claw Radials only lasted me 2 years/35,000kms.

Looking for a mean ass lookin tire. Nothing crazy expensive.

At the moment I am leaning towards the Swamper Radial TSL.
http://www.offroadreport.com/images/ss_radial_tsl.jpg

Input?

Here is a quick link to the STL’s.

http://www.offroadreport.com/super_swamper_tires.html

This may not be the best forum to ask such a question but maybe consider Mickey Thompson MTR, a friend has them and they are not bad for a 35

just a thought

Thanks for the input

I know a few guys on here know a bit about big tires.

hey there,

i’m a 4x4 enthusiast.
Only thing i can tell you from experience is don’t go with BFG. I\ve gone through many tires including the mickey thompson baja claws. Right now i am rolling on the ProComp XTerrain Radial and all i can say is that they are awesome!

Hey would any of you guys have or know anyone selling a set of beadlock 15"x10" rims with a 6 bolt Toyota bolt pattern? Looking for a 3 3/4" backspacing.

I have 31"x10.5" going on my Mazda B2600.

if u want a all round tire i bought a set of 35inch pro comp xterrian and they are a really good tire i cant say anything bad about them and they are a radial and i air them down to 10-15psi anyone who knows me will tell ya they are good went on a offraod trip and i was the only one to make it though
i used to have boggers but for a daily driveer they were a little lumpy in the morning also a friend has the MT pro comps and they worked good as well but like i said i didnt get stuck lol check out my face book i think theres some videos there
and i wheel every weekend almost and on of road recovery and they work great

get goodyear wranglers. best tire all around for the price

interco truxs MT, all the way, buddy ive been rocking these for a year , i go where none of my buddys can keep up with their bigger tires and bigger trucks , definately an awesome tire , as well look into some Maxxis creepy krawlers

…Seriously?

go BFG Mud Terrain or All Terrain.

[quote]interco truxs MT, all the way, buddy ive been rocking these for a year , i go where none of my buddys can keep up with their bigger tires and bigger trucks , definately an awesome tire , as well look into some Maxxis creepy krawlers[quote]

I had a set of truxs MT’s on my jeep and they were a great tire but they something to note is that they are made of a softer compound that wears out quickly and they don’t stand up very well to rocks and such.

Also, second rep on the goodyears. The brand new tread pattern is awesome and I haven’t herd anything but good things from the guys I know running them.

cheers and all us ‘off roaders’ should seriously get together and get wheelin’ sometime soon!

cheers!

Right now I have a set of ProComp X terrain 33x12.5. They were amazing when new…absolute shit now that they are past half life.

I need basically an “all” terrain tire, yet very aggressive for crawling and climbing. Like I said mud often as well.

Hector, I will look into those.

I can get my hands on quite a few “off road” tires at sale prices right now.

Anyone needs something, let me know. Do NOT waste my time though.

No input on the iroks? Maybe the Nitto dune grapplers?(expensive though) There is another tire that I was interested in, yet I can not remember wtf it was.

If you want something that’s not gonna howl on the highway, I really suggest going with the BFG All-Terrains or Mud-Terrains if you need a bit more lug. My dad and brother are both running the BFG ATs and have no issues, I’ve run the MTs in the past, and the desert guys swear by the BFGs. I’ve also heard really good things about a few of General’s truck tires.

Nitto makes good tires, but like you said, expensive as shit, not really worth the money IMO.

I’ve only ever seen one truck with the Iroks but it was parked so I didn’t get to talk to the owner, seemed like an effective tread pattern though.

And who ever suggested Wranglers when this guy is looking at Super Swampers is a goof.

man up and go 35s

…That’s what he’s looking at.

Although unless you’re headed into swamp, 33s will take you anywhere 35s will, with better mileage and less tire howl. I don’t think you’ll like the jump up from 33s to 35s, unless you’re doing it for aesthetics or deep mud. We do a lot of off roading and crawling up here, and it takes some pretty big rocks before you need bigger than 33s.

I will still have the 33’s LoL.

Just looking to have the option of running 33’s and under and 35’s and over.

Street tires, then strictly trail tires. Maybe lol.

Might get some 16" open rims for the street.

15’s will for sure be off road only.

Still leaning towards the swampers. They are a bit pricey though.

See we have more rocky mountany stuff up here, I know you guys like the boggin’ so I suppose my opinion might not be that great.

If you’re optioning for street and off road tires, I’d say go with a 17" open, with 33s on it, rides really nice, my brother is on a set of 285/70/17s (33" tall tire) for his 07 Silvy, and it rides awesome on the highway, they’re good for trail driving, and they look really really good. He’s on rotated Torsen bars and an add-a-leaf on the back. As soon as it’s paid off he’s going 6" skyward and dumpin’ it on 35s. There’s one in town like that and it looks HOT.

Then go for the 35s on 15s, swampers are pretty kick ass, maybe keep your eye out for a used set, they tend to go cheap, and if they’re for OTR only, you don’t have to worry about pavement performance, which is why a lot of guys sell them off in good shape.

What type of truck btw? I didn’t notice if you mentioned… Is it an S15 again? If so, I’d say definitely reserve the 35s for OTR only, they’ll look goofy on it on the street. 33s on 16s would look good in that case, 17s might be a bit much for a small truck…

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v282/138/77/511130257/n511130257_3223022_3947.jpg

Yeah see, 35s push you into mini-monstertruck territory, which is cool I guess, if that’s what you’re goin’ for, but 33s I find, suit the smaller chassis much better… Just my .02…

I say 33s for the road, and 35s for boggin’… As per my last post :stuck_out_tongue: