Attention Off Roaders, Mudders, Rock Crawlers, Etc, Etc

Yea, thats exactly what I am after.

IFS? What are you running for front gear? Stock spindles and lowers, new upper? New spindles? Looks like stock lowers from what I can see in the pic, but unless the pics are just at a terrible angle and I can’t see well enough it doesn’t look like an SAS…

Well if the mini monster truck look is what you’re shooting for, go with the 35s on 15s, nice and balloony sidewalls, it’ll fit the part. My dad’s buddy had a 92 yota on 35s and it looked pretty badass.

Yes, IFS. 3.43 all around atm. 4.10 or 4.55 might be going in. Pending on how the Mighty mouse performs (4.3L)

Trailmaster 5/6" suspension lift (drop control arms, torsion bars and sway) Swap rear diff from OTL to UL

Right on, if you go up to 35s I’m almost positive you’ll need a regear if you wanna move at all… :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Answered the second part while I was typing.

Fuck, and a 3" body lift

Yea, I have another front diff already pieced together with 4.10 ready to go. Rear 4.10 ready to go in as well.

Got parts like crazy for this bitch.

Only thing I find with this truck is the torsion bar mount and front sway brackets get caught up some times. Balls!

Ew.

Sounds like a pretty good set up, I assume you hit mud more than rocks though.

I’m starting a taco mid-travel build in the spring, Chevy 62" springs in the rear, new upper and lower control arms and new spindles in the front, I’d like to keep 4x4, so we’ll see how that pans out, if I do my arms the right length I can just swap in the Tundra front axles and they bolt right up. We have mostly logging roads, skidder trails and rocks up here, so not a lot of bogging, and it’s not really my thing. I’m probably gonna run 33" BFG Baja Terrains or ATs, since I’ve seen how well they do for my brother.

Do a quick disconnect for the sway, make it so you can pin it way up out of the way.

And the “Ew” was towards the body lift, but I suppose you need it to clear the tires.

I dunno if you’re already on there but check out pirate4x4, it’s a pretty decent sized US based offroad forum, there’s some Canadians on there as well. dezertrangers is good as well, but they’re more about long travel pre-runners, so it might not be quite up your alley. They have tons of good info about IFS with huge travel, but not a lot of S15/S10 info from what I’ve seen.

I wanted to stay away from MAJOR mods on the truck. It’s my daily/winter beater. So, ya. Dude, it’s an S-10 too. LoL Body lift and mild suspension lift works wonders.

Might do control arms and leafs to get an extra 2" though.

Sway bar mods are next. They suck shit in the trails. She articulates a lot, but not enough.

Ended up mocking up a custom sway for the rear end. AMAZING on the street.

But yea, I need a quick disconnect. The front will not be easy since you must “press” the ends together with straps to get the bar in place. Rear just take out u-bolts.

Werd, new upper should give you 2", or I think there’s some reasonably priced spindles for the S10, the Taco guys that do some pretty hardcore stuff swear by nothing more than a 3" suspension lift and as little else to clear the tires you need. Most of them stick with a 3" lift and 33s unless they’re doing a SAS

Besides, the more “extreme” you go, the more parts to break, the harder they are to come by, and it doesn’t work that much better…

You can’t just make the bottom of the sway endlink where it attaches to the control arm disconnect with a pin on both sides? Then you make a small mount up in the fender well, rotate the endlinks up, pin them there and you’re done…

You could. Yet, like I said, the front sway is a MOTHERF!!!ER to put in. Took 3 guys to get it in.

Fucker, Is it under that much tension from the lift? Just make custom end links…

You’d be leaving the sway bar in place, just moving it out of the way… I’m sure you know what I’m talking about and I’m sure there’s some type of restriction but I can’t see it from here so I’ll just keep firing off ideas :stuck_out_tongue:

Falken RT-615

I’m not sure if that even dignifies a response. :stuck_out_tongue:

extend your sway bar end links , it sound like ur pre loading them way too much , with the truck on the ground they should pretty much go right in

No end links Hector. Clamps.

We did put the swap bar in on a hoist though (not a ramp)

Never even considered the geometrics of it.