Indifferent about this bike

i sold my gsxr as most of you know, and im ready to try something new ahh bike shopping is so much fun! but this time im not going to buy on an impulse

i cant tell if i hate it or love it, ive come across a bunch of them and they’re like 6 grand for an 04 with 5kish miles

bad things: no one sided swing arm like most ducatis

neutral: v twin, makes 110whp but has more tq than my 1000, 82!!

good: not a lot of them, i think its pretty bad ass, and theyre not expensive

not sure of: maintenance on ducatis??

here’s a pic, i think its the headlight i cant get over

thoughts on DUCs??

like you said there not as common as most bikes and i think they look awesome!

Looks pretty siqqq to me.

the real ducati i want is a 1198. god those are sexy and also 22 grand.

tom cruise has one, he wrecked it going 2mph between cars at a red light, he fell over like a DOUCHHHHHHHHHEbag

I don’t think I’ve seen this bike before, but it looks awesome. I’ve always loved the 848’s and 1198’s too. Are you saying you don’t like the headlight? For me, the headlight on the gixxer’s are what always killed it for me. I always thought they looked kinda stupid. The headlight on this Ducati is pretty cool looking I think.

edit- That price seems pretty damn good too for the age and miles considering it’s a DUC.

dont buy a ducati… you thought the maint on your suzuki was bad…

go buy a 636… 05-06…

you buy the worsssst bikes for this sort of thing… loling.

Also the reason I didn’t pick up a GSXR.

PS 848 > 749…

748 > 749 from a nostalgic/ahead of its time bike :slight_smile:

google larry pegram beaver run record… his 749 was unbeatable.

get a ninja, your really young plenty of time to get a ducati in the future. and i thought you sold the bike to save money… =)

^we knew that wasnt the truth…

Agreed :smiley:

Glad I’m not the only one!

haha

im a terrible bike shopper =(

do not want.

buy zong’s 636 or my cbr…

Do not buy a ducati.

They are maintenance whores, especially the 749

you’re gonna shoot your eye out… (again)

My buddy has a newer 1098(i think thats the model) sick gorgeous bike. Maintenance on em is a mofo, especially shit ya gotta have a dealer do, major moola! beautiful bikes-IF you got the cash to spend!

i think there beautiful bikes, but like everyone says there a expensive to keep up!
the Kaws are also the most powerful for there class. i really liked the 03 636 RR i think it was.

That is one bad-ass looking motorcycle. :tup:

wtf makes these bikes so hard to maintain?

636 and RR are 2 different bikes…

Maint intervals on these are like 7k miles… or less maybe… valve adjustments, etc etc = big money…
its slower, more expensive, and not very comfy for trips…

go see if you like it when you go ride it… otherwise… i suggest you quit making horrible decisions… :slight_smile: