Info on boosting a Crossfire...

Just curious if there’s any real aftermarket for Chrysler Crossfires…a friend of mine just got one not too long ago, and thought he’d be satisfied with it, but is already talking about wanting to super or turbocharge it…i told him from day one that if he really wants a crossfire get an SRT model…but he didnt think he’s want to boost it, and got a great deal on the one he bought. please keep the flaming to a minimum, i know most of the people on here won’t approve since the crossfire is far from a performance oriented car…but it’s what he likes, what he wanted, and he went out and got it…so i say while it’s not for me, good for him…

i’ve never heard of these cars being boosted, but i’m sure it’s possible…more than likely very far from cheap…but possible.

just curious if anybody can link me to any info on the project, companies that may have developed kits for it or that do this kind of work on these cars, costs, what the engine can handle, power output potential, etc…

that car rates an 8 on the Gay-O-Meter

well isn’t the crossfire pretty much an SLK? I would try to find aftermarket parts for 96-03 SLK’s and see what is interchangeable.

just get rid of what he has and buy the SRT-6 version … isn’t that boosted

yup…its supercharged.

then the miata must rate a 10 …

Just look at the parts involved in FI… Anything is “Boostable” the problems tend to run in with weaknesses that the motor,back to the wheels may have. OR compression of the motor.

If he wants to boost the crossfire, i think its safe to assume 8K would be the average cost for a custom job (personally doing a good amount of work) more if new pistons/rods/whatever the weakness may be.

edit: the above is for turbo. Supercharger, I’m not to sure on making custom kits for. but its probably easier than the turbo, making the intake manifold depending on supercharger might be a PITA

the srt model wasn’t an option because apparently it only comes in autotragic…and he wanted a stick.

apparently the motor is a 3.2 from the slk benz…i think it might be the same as the amg motor, but not sure…i didnt know they made amg’s as small as 3.2 but he says it’s the amg 3.2…

sounds like a higher compression to me… equating to a bitch to boost… but possible

why not go with some basic bolt-ons? People are so quick to NEED to add boost to their cars. This dude sounds inexperienced. I think bolt-ons would probably help him out.

NO benzo motor in there … it has a 3.2 from a god damn intrepid

where did you find that info?

My car gains < 20hp with bolt ons… 1300 exhaust, 1200 cam, 700 intake. thats already 3200 bucks for less than 20 wheel horse.

Boost the fucking thing… 100 hp or better for 5 grand ish. I don’t know much about the tuning aspect of it… but it seems to be the point where I could see the cost skyrocketing

general automotive knowledge … Im good … thats all you need to know

yeah, because comparing an ///M motor to a fucking chrysler motor is really effective.

Gimmie a break Dan.

LOL, even a pooooorrrllyy tuned motor (unless its turbo) you won’t get more than 40whp… thats even pushing it

I made an additional 120rwhp with bolt-ons. It looks to me like you guys just need LS1 swaps!

LOL, ok large displacement motors are a big difference. 3.2L v6 won’t make much nearly that much … with bolt ons lol

talk about a nail in the coffin example though lol

I was wrong … it does have the unreliable 320 c-class engine … my bad

40whp will feel like A LOT of power to an inexperienced person…