INFORMATION NEEDED: Nissan motors

i woudnt say swap, just looking for motor information.

CA is a great 4 cyl drag motor in the right car.

if you really are looking for help it would be nice if you gave us more details…

300whp is about the limit for a stock block KADE and it would take most of if not all of your money to get there depending on how reliable you want it

i swear to god…

you better be real cute in person dude… lol

:lol: I’m stuck on CA’s and I don’t think anything will change it.:walter:

ah this is so vague

no idea in the world of what you are building for

RB>VQ(Good luck)>VG>SR>KA(youll get more torque than SR)>CA(sorry artic)

^What i say but i know nothing

FHUKK! the VG…

the VG is a total boat anchor… VG30 STFU go buy a maxima…VG30DETT is ONLY worth the money when it is already in a 300zx… you dont actually swap it into anything.

people swap the VG out for the RB all day long. You cant GIVE a VG away at an engine importers… partly because no one buys 300zx’s, no one with any brains anyways…lol burn josh…

i cant even figure out why Nissan of Japan actually made the 300zx when they were spitting out SR/S13’s and R32 skylines and Pulsar GTI-R’s and other amazing stuff…what was the point? Z32’s make about as much sense as a honda prelude. It’s a japanese camaro, yeah you can make those fast too… wow i’m super jealous. Have you ever seen a Z32 look decent with a body kit? no? i dont know what it is about the oe design but it’s so fucked that you can ONLY make it look worse, and somehow that is not a compliment in any way.

more to the point, considering how much work a VG is to put into an S-chassis and considering you can get 400whp out of an SR/KA with far little work, mods and money it makes no sense… and there is no such thing as SR >< KA <> RB because each serves a market for certain people.

try running an RB long term, let me know when you need a friggin alternator or a starter… hello 2 weeks of downtime. try preventing it from over heating… just because you can fit an engine into a car doesnt mean it will run properly when you hook everything up… same with the VG, that shit is huge… you can barely changes the turbos without ripping the motor out in a Z32 chassis, why would you put it into a smaller car?

yeah a KA will put out 225whp cheaper than an SR with more torque, i have a dozen buddies doing it right now, how many are on their first motor? let me just say that the number of them on their 10th motor is the same as the number on their first. that is what you get when you play with 15 year old motors that people only figured out were cool to boost after they had 200,000km’s and a poor maintenance history.

KA’s were a dime a dozen 5 years ago, you couldnt sell the motor for $250… now you ant find one because everyone and their dog’s gay sister wants one for a $500 turbo build. You can’t reasonably buy a KA-T S-chassis used because it’s impossible to tell if the guy who built it is a moron or not. There is maybe one KA-T in Ontario worth buying and the guy who owns it is a cock head… apparently, i havent met him in person.

SR costs more, but you get OEM reliability, if the motor isnt bucked off the bat, and all the power upgrades are simple bolt on… no tapping your oil pan for oil return, no janky oil line kits hacked together from other motors.

you can run the stock ecu and jsut get a boost controller and hit 275 whp on an SR… you cant crack 200whp without an injector upgrade on a KA and then you are into piggy backs and an SAFC is just a colourful gauge that messes ins and outs… it does fuck all for tuning.

so depending on what your applicaiton is there is a motor to suit your needs… if you do it right then they are all the same because doing it right means pending lots of money. if you are budgeting $5k+ for a turbo motor then a KA becomes just as competitive as an SR… if you have more money and can handle the difficulties of the RB, do it up.

a VG is not one of them unless your polish or mexican and just think it’s neat, and i dont know why but that was not even racist, somehow i think you’ll all get it… A CA? come on… watch what happens to arcticzap.

…Which i was i said “this is so vague”… “i have no idea what you are building for”…

but anyways…

read that the SR Trannys and KA’s are weak?

bing speaks it like a real og. let me just say i have been in nissans with every motor listed by bing. 250hp sr is waaaayyy diffrent than a 250hp ka. the ca it feels like a honda with vtec… vg, meh… all i gotta say is if u want a bad ass nissan motor rb’s ftw

SR / KA trannies are weak compared to VG30DETT or VQ trannies… but SR/KA trannies are under $300 all day long.

i have 80,000kms on my first SR tranny… some grinding when really cold and it doesnt like 140mph+ for more than 4-5 minutes… but hey, it’s a $200 tranny.

how much does a sr+tranny run for?
and whats the difference between a red top and black top?

truth…carlise

sr20det
cheap t3 manifold
t3/t4 caliber turbo(lol)
stand alone with antilag
clutch
shortest ic piping to help with lag

ect ect ect

depending on other things and how much you want to do(which will be everything you can because your dan) i think you can hit your goal… theres other things too that i wont mention you can do. ill talk to you at the track day about it…

Somebody better throw out some vector measurements or dan will not be able to properly adjust for the coefficients…

i swear to god…

you know… i have video of that whole drive… the quality is horrible but i catch you lean into one at like 125mph.

IMHO, are all crap. The best and nicest engine I have seen from Nissan is the KA. And that is because it is simple. There are 14 components in the engine. (not counting individual springs etc.)

Nissan has time and time again proven to me to fail. I am not impressed with anything they have designed ever.

The only thing I will tip my cap to is the skyline r32, r33 and 34. I have experienced these and they do impress me. Everything else however is the definition of crap.

Nissan FTL

Word!

dsm guys… you had it too easy.

bahah - a DSM guy saying Nissan shit fails…I love it.

Meh, I’ve worked on everything. American, German, Japanese, Italian shitbox to supercar. It doesn’t matter.

IMHO, Nissan is a poor quality automobile. This based on years of working on them and generally avoiding them lol.

word again