Inground Pool - Questions/Recommendations

Good to know, thanks. Like I said, I just wasn’t sure if inground pools ever warranted the need for a total overhaul. As with anything else, regular maintenance is going to be key. I’m really hoping we can find something with an inground pool that checks enough boxes off the rest of our “want” list.

Cool neighbors with a pool is probably a great thing, but nothing beats walking into your own backyard with one. But on that note, see below.

Love the lake, actually the Niagara river, but that’s where having a good friend with a boat becomes a huge plus!

When you bought your house, did you have to do anything extra in regards to the pool when you did the home inspection? I was not sure if that was a requirement or not as I do believe there are actual pool inspection services offered separately from your standard home inspection.

I just looked it over and rolled the dice.

There was clear water in it, the pump was working, and the spa was warm. All the things that broke on mine were because it was old and brittle and things broke off during the open/closing. I partially blame the pool guys when they opened/closed it, but either way it was time.

X…

Figured I might as well update for anyone else interested. Pandemic really threw a lot of curve balls into the plan, but sure enough we purchased our home during the summer of 2020 and had a year long wait to get a pool put in as everyone else was doing that. Went with Pacific Pools and install was pretty smooth. It’s amazing how quickly these guys get a pool in. Broke ground on a Thursday and was starting to fill it Friday afternoon and had it full by end of the weekend (yeah I took some pics through our windows). Last 3 shots are its current state after adding some landscaping, shed, and a vinyl fence. And now we’re never moving again until we retire lol.

1 Like

Looks great! The year long wait though… Wild.

Thanks! Yeah we knew going in that we would have to be patient. Nobody could go anywhere so plenty of people were investing vacation money into their backyards. We literally signed a contract on the pool a few weeks after signing for the house. After looking at a bunch of homes with pools and losing out on a few, this one caught our eye for the size of the yard and was basically a clean slate for us to really do whatever we wanted with it. And I am SO glad we bought when we did given where the rates have gone now.

Maybe that should be @bing’s strategy. Just find a place where adding a pool is an option.

Looks awesome!