Initial D Arcade Game

Today it was windy and overcast in San Diego, so we hit one of the twenty malls within a fifteen minute drive. We went to this arcade that had just about every bizarre Japanese/Korean game imaginable, and in the side of the place they had Initial D V2. I don’t know if we have this back home, but it’s a head to head racing/drifting game based on the anime series. The coolest part was that for an additional $1, it can issue you a plastic card with a magnetic strip that stores your career information, then when you return, you just insert your card and continue where you left off.

Cool stuff.

that’s fucking awesome.

can’t say i’ve seen that game anywhere around here. someone should call D&B and tell them to order it

they need that, and the other game i was playing… it was like Dance Dance Revolution, but with a guitar. I was in the arcade playing “Smoke on the Water”… good stuff.

here it is… the arcade we were at had two linked up.

http://www.videojuegosamazing.com/2002/initiald/folleto.jpg

they have it in the mall 10 mins from my house up here i play it everytime i go.

man, now i wanna play it

its only 4 1/2 hrs away :slight_smile: i have 2 open furnished apartments, lol

i believe i’ve seen the guitar game before though…

i need to find it and play it, i just bought a new guitar and a bunch of shit with it and i don’t know how to play so i gotta teach myself or somethin

it’s awesome. it’s pretty easy to learn how to drift, and the force-feedback is lifelike, not just vibration.

I forgot to mention, you also get to modify your car.

sadly my gf owns me everytime we go to the mall

hah! i tell mine she doesn’t have a prayer of getting me to go clothing shopping, so when we go to the mall, we split up and meet up later.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaat

i’m hoping this is refering to the time you spend at the mall being in stupid stores n shit

not her owning you at the game :scared:

i meant she owns me at the game :hs:

i always oversteer when drifting and then im fucked. :doh:

damn… amanda kept up with me the first time we played, but i’m untouchable now. My lowly Suzuki Cappucino does a lap of the first stage in under 58 seconds now.

for those not in the know, a Cappuccino is a 658cc monster… :tounge:

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~yp2j-kjm/game/gt2/mycar/cappci.gif

which car do you use?

usually a sti or evo

Miata + Cappuccino are very easy to drift… I’ve never tried an AWD

good ill have to kick her ass next time we go. we went today but the game was getting repaired :frowning:

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :cool: