injectors

What is the easiest way to get freaking injectors out of a fuel rail. I’ve been going at it for an hour, only got one injector out and I have 2 with little chunks of plastic missing on it now. I’ve been using 2 screwdrivers, one in each of the holes on either side, pulling at the same time on each side, the first one came after a bit, but the next 2 each one, the plastic above the hole on one side broke, and a little chunk broke off. WTF, is there a special tool or something. This is retarded.

my injectors haven’t been changed for 16 years, and they all still slid out pretty easily by hand. no tools required. i have a CA18DET

basically we took my upper plenum off, unbolted the fuel rail from the lower plenum and pulled the rail off. the injectors either stayed in the rail or in the plenum, then i pulled them out of the plenum or rail with a couple fingers.

You have top-feed these are side feeds, they are held in totally different by the rail. I took mine to a shop to get out origionaly. they are a PITA. Do not push on the bottom as you can damage them.

HAHAAH i had this problem, are u doing this on a SR fuel rail? if so u need a screwdriver then u need to LIGHTLY push down on scredriver and then pull up hard on the injector with ur fingers, it will slide right out, put the screwdirver in where the injector plug goes on!

What does that do, putting the screwdriver on the top metal peice where the plug covers? It’s on a ka fuel rail, but the ka and sr have the same sidefeed injectors. Does that mean it should work on this too?

yeah it will work on that to, anyways just use the screwdriver to give some leverage and then pull up on the injector hard! wiglle it and shit!