Inner tie rod.

Basically my inner tie rod was bent, and instead of replacing it, my mechanic bent it back with a machine. I know that its never good to bend metal, but has anyone ever experienced this, and was it ok? Is a lot of pressure even put on the inner tie rod ro begin with? Can it withstand it? Thanks.

Ya I might go and change them later on in the summer, but I mean will I be ok for track this summer etc.

Bending metal back and forth can’t be good for it.

Get a new one before you hit the track.

It will only bend again the same way. Pick up some TEIN inner and outer tie rods and be done with it, you’ll also have more maximum lock and wont bend the tie rod so easilly!

Do not keep the inner tie rod that way. That is a very bad mistake the guy who had the car before me made.
He bent it back, and he certified the car from someone he knew.
I was planning on changing it very soon, and just 3 days of driving the car like that, while I was driving, it broke and i lost steering. Fortunately, nothing was damaged and I fixed it, but NEVER keep the tie rod like that, no matter what, always change it.

Dang, thanks for the advice guys. I really dont know why my mechanic said that it was really ok. I’ve been going to him for awhile, and he’s really good at what he does. shrug. Does anyone know if the one’s they sell on PDM racing are any good? Or would the tein ones be better? And if I am going to change it, is it recommended that I change both, or would one do for now? Thanks again.

I picked up a set of Tein tie rods and tie rod ends from Driftland.ca for an excellent price. You might talk to Pavel or Bob before you look at PDM.

I just checked out driftland. Is the Tein Tie Rod and Tie rod ends the same as the inner and outter tie rod???

The Tein parts are the steering tie rods and ends. When you turn the wheel they transfer the input from the steering rack to the front suspension upright. The tie rod end has a ball joint that allows the upright to articulate without restriction.