Innovative Tuning Blog

any update on this…?

awesome… did they just mess with correction figures?

i have no idea exactly, they said it was the factory settings from MD. but they got caught in a lie and nobody knows. TTP’s MD IIRC reads higher than a dynojet :lol:

Tons of shops. Because some people seem to love to start BS over nothing, I’m NOT saying STM is doing this.

Other shops have inflated all their numbers and let everyone know about it. I have no problem with that although I think it’s a little silly.

Then there are shops who inflate all numbers and don’t tell anyone their dyno doesn’t read as it should.

Lastly there are shops who alter settings to show false gains or losses to meet their needs. If they want to show another tuner’s map sucks, they can make the car read low. If they want to make theirs look good, they can make it read high. Obviously I have a huge problem with this.

For laughs I plotted Brian’s STI with a stock 08 STI.

Here’s Paul’s against an Evo X that only has an upgraded hard IC pipe. All my Evo 8 graphs are of cars that at least have upgraded exhausts.

as you and i both know mike who did that, but we’ll just keep it at that…

any update on paul’s turbo miata?!??!?!?

wow that evo is a beast.
yeah TTP’s dyno reads a lil high everytime they post some guy makes 350+whp with just an Intake, Exhaust, an in house tune. lol

+11111

+2222222

Ive called and got no answer or even a return call. Its been a week since the date i was told Id have it back. Any idea on when its going to be done… :((

We have no voice mails from you since the 28th it said you would be emailing us which you did. Did you try to leave a message since then?
Your last emails were on the 28th and I responded the same day.

The car was scheduled for tuning last week. Those who have their cars ready with everything working properly on their tune date get their car tuned on schedule. It would have been done last week if we were just tuning it, but instead we had to fix the ECU wiring before the tuning could happen so your car missed its spot on the schedule and we rescheduled it for the next available day for labor to diagnose the wiring which was today. We’re working on it now. When the car vibrates, the ECU or harness moves, etc. connections are made and broken. This must be resolved before the car can be safely tuned. Also the wiring diagram you provided us is not how your ECU is wired. Some wires match up, but others don’t which is making going over your work more time consuming.

Our next available date for tuning is around a month out, but I will work on the tuning outside of the times already booked as I can. However, I worked on scheduled cars til midnight last night as an example. I cannot bump customers who have their cars ready on their scheduled time to do this. That would not be fair to them.

I know you weren’t aware of the wiring issues when you brought the car in, and we will get this done as soon as possible.

i will vouch for mike being there til midnight last night
:tup:

However i think while he was trying to tune an s2000 he was singing to justin beiber, i sceent it!! :io: :lol:

“I can’t fucking take this shit anymore”

No tuning required on the S2000, just some late night singing and running it on the dyno to make sure everything is in order. It turned out the knock sensor itself vibrated into two parts while the connector remained attached to half of it. We looked this up and it’s a common problem on these cars. We got the car on the lift, removed the sensor, snapped the two pieces back together, put some epoxy on the seam for good measure and it’s working properly now.

I got it on the dyno and it ran fine with the non tunable piggyback and the adjustable FMU that came with the JRSC kit we installed. We left the FMU as it came since the car seems to run fine as is. The car is otherwise stock. We’re happy with the kit. It was complete, everything fit properly, and it made around 100 whp over stock which is what it’s supposed to do. Two thumbs up!

I don’t have a stock AP1 S2000 dyno graph, but I have one that’s stock except for an AEM V2 cold air intake so I’ve overlayed that for comparison.

justin beiber

my justin beiber thing went off, Mike if you need to stop by and sing back up… let me know.

thanks for the update. Ive called twice since the 28th and left a voicemail. Just looking for the updates of whats going on is all. I just sent you a PM.

Great stuff as always from these guys…

I love this blog

mike i dunno how your vid came out, but here is mine that i threw together

Sounds like you r too busy

lmao i didnt know that was you