Innovative Tuning Blog

oh for sure, subaru stepped it up BIG TIME from 08 to 09…the vf52 turbo in the 09/10 wrx’s is good for 350whp so theres still a little more room on that car lol im HOPING for 330-340ish awhp with bigger injectors and a race gas toon…so we’ll see

find me a 35r that costs $3250 please

he’s probably talking about a whole “kit”

35r alone is about 1400-1700 depending on the trim/size…a whole kit is def around 3500 esp if it was a rotated kit

The 09 WRX broke the stock turbo record of 12.2X by running back to back 12.01 passes a few days ago, so yes I’d say his 09 WRX is just awesome. :slight_smile:

His tune was also very aggressive and the STIs tune has been run for over 20,000 miles including towing 3 motorcycles with a trailer (I don’t recommend this) to and from Deal’s Gap, many drag passes, autocrosses, etc.

The STI runs low 11’s with that pump/meth power which is very respectable for an STI on pump/meth with a GT35R.

Here’s the full mods list for the WRX:
stock transmission, engine, and turbo
A.C.T. HD street clutch
Spt CBE
Invidia 3" catless dp
GTspec equal length header/uppipe
650s
Walbro
ks tech 83mm cai
perrin inlet/tmic
18" ninja rims
wanli s1088 235-40-18
Grimspeed EBCS
AEM 3.5 map sensor
Defi boost gauge
Coolingmist Meth kit
Cobb AP

The car is fully loaded with nav/moonroof/heated seats and he says it’s 3250lbs because he removed the spare/jack/pass seat to go to the track.

Here are both 12.01 passes:

On a cooler day with better tires, and maybe on a better track, I think he’ll get his 11 second stock turbo slip. :wink: Great work Darrell!

That is really sweet.

fuckin A that car boogies! I have faith in mike to tune my car to it’s potential :tup: one more month i can’t wait! lol

Jaeger’s Audi S4 (formerly Matt’s) continues to be limited by an ECU issue that causes misfiring, but a firmware update allowed the car to run 25-26 psi without misfiring (misfires at ~28 ) instead of being stuck at 18 psi like we were the last time it had this problem. The ECU has been replaced three times as the supplier has used different hardware modifications to try and avoid this issue. They’ve made some progress with it, but putting a proper ECU in the car may be the ultimate solution if the new owner wants to run more boost.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Here’s Beven’s STI which we’re finishing up a big build on. Meth injection and ethanol tuning are still to come. This is just a safe pump gas mapping for now:

Mike, OT, but I might need 3 power pulls on different boost levels. PM me for cost buddy.

3 pulls 2WD $100
3 pulls AWD $110

Thanks! how much lead time do we need to give you?

That depends. Spring/early summer is the busiest time of year though so contact us with when you’d like to get on the dyno and we’ll see if we can make it happen.

Understood. Fair enough.

I had enough time to do some back to back testing on an 07 STI today.

The car is stock except for:
walbro fuel pump
Cobb short ram intake
3" catless turbo back exhaust
methanol injection kit (turned off for pump gas tuning. turned on for meth tune)

Long story short, the car went from 217 whp, 216 wtq on the stock map to 287 whp, 316 wtq on my map with meth injection turned on. The car was on the dyno the whole time and nothing was touched aside from turning the meth kit on to do the meth portion of the tuning.

Graph 1 - pump gas only tuning:

Graph 2 - pump gas maps vs. meth map:

Graph 3 - Cobb map vs. my meth map including boost readings. As you can see, from about 5600 RPM up the boost level is the same, but the difference in wheel HP in that area is huge.

probably a dumb question, but can you run meth daily? I have no need for it at the moment but this is something I would just like to know

yeah. you can run meth daily. just remember to fill up, that’s all

Correct. :slight_smile:

how did carl’s porsche do again? any improvement?

mike, i need more boooooooooost!

i saw you posted an s2k that you did headgasket on etc, did you ever end up tuning it? i imagine it was going to be turbo?