Innovative Tuning Engine Packages and Rebuild Services

what about the R

It’s goin. The other STi crate engine and Supra shortblock will be together early next week, with the Type R following.

“Innovative Tuning Engine Packages and Rebuild Services”

Well it’s nice of you to rebuild the engines after you tune them.
j/k Mike.:stuck_out_tongue:

That is like a heart surgeon also owning a funeral home.:lol:
Or better yet a Wendys having a heart surgeon.:lol:

Nice work.

Wanna do a VR6 head? :rofl:

:tup:

You guys are too much LOL.

Jager shoot me a PM or call me some time. I haven’t heard what the status is on your project in a while and I’m curious.

Status? Ha.

I’ve tried every HG combo known to man without luck. It’s either a warped head or the o-rings are just not sealing.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c136/jxaxexgxexr/gasketsandwich.jpg

Plan is to pull the enigne out and have the head and block checked. If necessary both will be torn down and rebuilt.

After the black jetta you had in there I am sure you are just dying to monkey around with another VW. lol.

I gotcha. What material o-rings were used?
Are there accepting grooves in the block and head or just the block?

The engine work on that Jetta was a piece of cake. We’d definitely do it again. Wiring VWs is a whole other kind of “fun” LOL.

Shoot me a PM.

not doubting any of your abilities, but you may be familiar with J n L down on walden, and theyre really against removing the balance shafts and gave me a giant explanation on why its not worth 10hp, reason why you guys allow this? maybe its because there wasnt an eliminator kit for my vehicle, JW

it was on a neon2.0L block same as eclipse/talon

They probably recommended against removing the balance shafts on your engine since IT HAS NO BALANCE SHAFTS.

on the org the topic of removing balance shafts comes up ALOT

For the 2.4L.

well alrite then, but they said for any motor they dont adivse it, MY ORIGINAL QUESTION is why not

Probably to shut you up about asking to remove balance shafts from an engine that has none. :lol:

(sorry for the OT Mike)

ugh forget it, i think youre missing my question, im referring to ALL engines (THAT HAVE THEM), sorry for taking up your thread

If I was a machine shop, I’d recommend keeping balance shafts in because I wouldn’t know everything about each engine that comes through. I wouldn’t want to stick my neck out and have an engine come back in 100 miles torn to hell because it needed balance shafts and some idiot kid told me to take them out and now wonders why my “shitty machine work” ruined his engine. So, chances are, that’s why they said they would want to keep them. Risk vs reward. They have nothing to gain by removing balance shafts and potentially a lot to lose if the engine grenades itself.

fair enough

I love it when Brent does my job for me…because he does it well. :slight_smile: I’ve been so swamped today I didn’t see this til now.

UB I’m not offended at all. While I’m sure you could come up with an offensive question, ones about why we do something a certain way on a customer car should only offend a shop if the shop did something they shouldn’t have. That assumes you don’t ask the question like an ass…which of course you didn’t.

Anyways…on a DSM many (dare I say most?) people that build them up remove the balance shafts without any issues. We make sure the balancer is balanced and in good shape, we make sure everything we put in the engine is balanced extremely well, as well as the clutch/flywheel assembly in many cases, and they should be good to go.

i did it on the sweet shadow engine. nothing like removing 40lbs from the crankcase and maybe 15-20 of that rotating. I did it because Dodge produced the 2.5 for the Dakota also. Motor is the same except it comes with no balance shafts. none for that engine = none for mine. That bitch scooted when it ran properly.

4G63 is an internally balanced engine, which means that the flywheel and clutch assembly do not affect engine rotating mass balance. A good balancer is a must always regardless.