Input Shafts! Urgent!!!

Okay. Well, as some of you know I have been having a heck of a time gettin an RB transmission rather than every other company playin an SR as an RB tranny.

Thanks to TorontoJDM, I have an RB transmission.

YET!

I could almost swear…that the input shaft for the RB is larger than a KA.

The tranny I have here is the same size for the disc and pilot bushings on the KA and RB.

Does anyone have access to an accurate micrometer (preferably digital) and an RB transmission?

I know this is an RB transmission due to the shifter and cable speedo. Yet maybe because my motorset is newer (timing cover is not stamped RB20) maybe they changed the input shaft???:/:

Even a tranny for a 300zx NA. I used that clutch.

Someone please let me know A.S.A.P so I can figure this shit out.

The spline is the same between KA and RB20. 100%

I really don’t understand why the hell I am thinking that the 300zx na clutch did NOT fit the KA tranny. Which is the same as an SR, which is the same as an RB…so what the fuck…I am so confused lol.

The only difference is the bell housing??? my mind, is fucking destroyed from the weekend still. Please bare with me…

I’m not positive if you can put an RB bell housing on a KA tranny or vice versa but I suspect that you can. I know for sure the splines are the same because I had a KA clutch in my old RB car.

huh…okay

So i’m guessing almost all RWD Nissan tranny’s share the same input shaft.

If what you say is accurate, then VG,KA,RB and SR tranny’s are all for sure the same input shaft…wicked, i think lol

I do not think they are all the same.

The transmission I received from TorontoJDM is an RP 71C

My transmission is an RB 71C

I believe the only difference is the input shaft…maybe gear ratios and certain internals???

Does any one know anything about those part numbers on the RB trannys?

RB 71C and RP 71C???

Anyone at all?