Installed FWI on my GTP

I just put on my home made FWI lastnight. It was fairly simple to do, I got a little confused when I had to connect it to my intake. The directions I used were from a 01 GTP and it said you could use the stock input piping for the intake. My car had a 90 degree bend in it and could not be used. I just went out and got a rubber coupler to connect it. I drilled a 1/2" hole in it for the IAT sensor and it worked out OK. When i started it up it sounded so much different, it sounded like metal scraping or something at low rpms…is that OK? Then when I took it for a drive it had a lot louder s/c whine at high RPMs. I think I can feel a slight difference in power too, but that can just be wanting to feel a difference. I still have to put my 3.4" pulley on it but I have to find a pulley puller first. I wounder if it will sound any different with that too?

it will be louder

What do you got done to your GTP?..You know where I can borrow/use a pulley puller?

fender well from hd, scanmaster, fr reg, 3’ss dowmn pipe, 3.4 pulley
i told ya already,
paclubgp.com
will do it for free if you join the message board and attend meetings(sometimes help other people on there car.)

Ohh yeah…sorry…I will see whats up with that paclubgp.

Thanks

why do you keep modding your beater?

Keep??? That was the first mod i did. I got a pulley and an intake…those were the only two mods I bought. Don’t even have the pulley on still trying to find someone with a pulley puller to help me out.

I just looked at it this way for $90 I could make this car a more fun to drive…then why not???

oh ok… you can rent pully pullers from autozone or pepboys

I got one from pep boys…it was for water pumps and wouldn’t work on my s/c. I haven’t tried autozone yet.

roll down to autozone & get one!

I know Steel Shitty is waiting for one for his Cobra. I bet it work on mine too. I just am impatient!!! :tounge:

x2 get a clutch bitch!

And now as the President of the Pittsburgh Area Grand Prix club, I extend this public service. If you want the pulley swapped, get the right puller. From whichever vendor you choose, but get one that is designed for the job. I have a puller that has changed countless pulleys. I would gather to say that I have swapped at least 30+. I have seen some of the aftermath of ones that were not used correctly, wrong pullers used, etc, etc. So I extend my hand to you if you need it.

:bigok: You the man Kim,you the man. Hope things been going alreight with you,give me a ring.

Been crappy. Haven’t gotten a piece of a$$ in about a month. Starting to get a little uptight. But then again…haven’t been out looking for anything either. I figured that I was so good looking that they would be falling at my door.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Know the feeling man,all to well,been shitty here to,give me a ring alter this week man.

well call terrys cousin then, she got ass like boo-yaaa :hitit:

Pics???

Oh yeah. I am down with Terry’s cousin. That was the one at the party a couple of weeks ago right?

right ,long hair nice hips and thighs :boink