Installing AEM UEGO Wideband

Ok so I’m just finishing up some last things on my car and I ran into a snag. I’ll just go ahead and admit it, I don’t know how to install a wideband (as far as the wiring goes of course). I have it all mounted and the sensor is installed, I just need to figure out how to wire it up. This is a non-gauge type. I have a laptop and my ECU is a Calum Real Time (you can check it out here). Does the wideband get wired into the ECU or do I need to wire it up to a serial port or USB cable to hook it up to my laptop? I will be using NisTune for tuning and logging. Thanks in advance.

I have the AEM install manual printed out, but it didn’t help me much. This is all it has as far as technical wiring. The rest is just installing the sensor and mounting the controller etc.

The 5 (7 on the 30-3300) wires should be hooked up as follows:

Orange Sensor #1 0-5 Volt Output
White Sensor #1 0-1 Volt Output
Blue Sensor #2 0-5 Volt Output (on 30-2300 only)
Green Sensor #2 0-1 Volt Output (on 30-2300 only)
Brown Signal Ground (use only on systems with a differential input)
Red Switched +10 to +18 Volts (10 Amp Fuse Required)
Black Battery Ground

And here is the Pinout for my ECU
http://www.roastedpavement.com/stockecu/95-97Pinout.jpg

And those who are curious, this is my setup:
98 Sentra SE
sr20ve swap
T28 from a GTI-R
Custom DIY IC piping
Calum RT ECU
Subie 520cc injectors

link only works if you are registered. is this a complete stand alone? can you select the wideband as a sensor for the ecu to read from? if so then you will need to cross reference the harness for the sensor to your stock harness. more than likely your o2 sensor plug.

its pretty time consuming. but you can figure it out.

This isn’t a stand alone. It’s basically a stock ECU with a daughter board installed. I’m not sure if I can select the sensor to read from, I haven’t checked out all of the software yet. I haven’t hooked it up to the car yet. Thanks for the reply.

It sounds like integrating it into the ECU may not be an option for me with this ECU, can I just wire it up to a serial/USB cable then?

you don’t wire to a serial or usb unless you have a wideband controller that allows such wiring… a wideband is nothing more than 0-5v of power… does the nissan come with an OEM wideband? if so then I would simply wire the 0-5 into that… if it only has narrow maybe they want you to wire to narrow and the daughterboard is smart enough to realize it’s 5 volts? although… with different widebands are different variations for 0-5v’s to a/f… so you’d have to have the ability to calibrate the wideband in your ECU program, if you can’t find that, then they probably don’t support it.

this is more of a question for the forum of the ECU deal you’re using.

It just has a narrow band. I made a post on that forum, but it was in the general tuning section, maybe I’ll just repost it in the Calum Section. Thanks for the input so far.

PS. I have an AEM-30-2300 if that helps. Yes, I know it’s a dual channel and yes I realize there’s no point in having a Dual over Single in my application, but I got this one for the price of a Single channel. I was planning on just wiring the 1st sensor.

http://www.aempower.com/images/products/Installation%20Instructions%20UEGO%20Controller.pdf

sounds like you are limited by your ECU program. you can wire the white wire to your narrowband but the orange is your 0-5v.

That pdf is what I was looking at previously, and where I quoted the wire mappings(?) from. So In a case that my ECU does not support it being wired into the ECU, am I out of luck with this controller? If so, I might just sell it and buy one that is… Hmmmmmm

without the ECU support for the wideband you will never be able to leverage it without a gauge… so just buy the 0-5v aem gauge and call it a day… the ability to integrate it within the tuning software is just for ease of reading the a/f on the same screen you are making the changes on. if you aren’t standalone then you might not really need a wideband more than just a gauge to look at.

http://www.prostreetonline.com/x/aem-uego-controller.asp

Ok, thank you for the insight. I will ponder on this and decide what I want to do.

As well as make another thread in the Calum Section on the other forum to find out for sure if the ECU supports this.