Insurance bill for a 4 day stay after motorcycle accident...

Not mine but the point stands…

Don’t ride if you don’t have insurance :wow

fixed it for you

in NYS, motorcycle insurance doesnt cover medical bills, its on your health insurance.

2 surgeries, 2 mris, an ultrasound, a few dozen doctors appointments later and im STILL not healed up from my accident last fall. Id hate to see what the total bill is so far…

Not bad

fixed it for both of you. :rofl

Ahh the American medical system.

SMH

That’s just ridiculous.

just realized I’m off my parents’ health insurance at the end of March. might be a good excuse for me to slow down.

damnnnn. thats why i dont take ambulances.

you can drive perfect and still get hit by a dumb driver. i know first hand

Life sucks if you don’t take chances.

Also, I like reddit too.

Damnit he only ate 5 Oxy,s lol couldn’t of been to bad of a wreck either .

$123 for Bacitracin?!?!?! Did he fucking bath in it?

thats what i was thinking!! haha wow
and this is the sole reason im going to try to find a cheap insurance, getting it through my work is 100 $ a week for a single person!!! holy hell!! for a family its like 250 and change idk how some of the people who wrok here pay that for insurance as their pay checks cant be more then 350 a week

Damn that’s steep. I pay around $280 pre tax a month for a family plan.

yea its really crazy here on insurance, so im looking for a cheaper alternative for health insruance, i never go to the doctor for anything, ive been to clinics for my yearly std tests i like to be current on that shit, but thats it if i get sick i take over the counter drugs sleep it off and im ready to go. so unless i really need it like in a bike crash or something just as catastrophic i dont see myself paying 400 $ a month for something i use once in a blue moon

That’s how I am too. Nothing like going to the dr to have them tell you to take the same OTC’s youve already been taking lol. But with a baby I get my monies worth lol.

for the amount you pay a month id def say ur getting your moneys worth haha baby stuff is expensive and idk if you are but all the first time parents that i know take their kid in to see the doc for every little thing, like a new car buyers regret haha oh the baby made a weird noise i gotta go get it checked out!

Fuck that. Unless he’s running a big fever or something serious he stays home. I’m a firm believer in the more you get sick as a kid and let your body fight it off the better your immune system will be later in life.

I’m also that parent who if I warn him the stove is hot and he still goes to touch it, I’m letting him touch it. So my views on parenting may be a little off lol.

well i cant speak for anyone but myself but im 100% on board with you on that one, i got hit with switches and wooden spoons and slippers and whatever was closest at the time for miss behaving, and i never called 911 for being “abused” kids today need a good beating to show them the way of the “land” so to speak

Coming from and old woman that has been self employed for most all of her working life Here is my 2 cents on health insurance. I do and aways have paid 100% of my health insurance and at my age I can not afford to go without it.
If I knew then what I know now…

If you are in your 20’s healthy take good care of yourself and are disciplined enough to follow through… I say SELF INSURE in other words take the money that you would be paying each month for a policy and put it into an account and don’t use it unless you have a hospital or a doctor’s bill.

In today’s job market there are no big retirement party and a gold watch given after 40 years of service. Those days are long since gone.

Take care of yourself because the company you work for can, will and does replace people every day There is no loyality any more.When you think you are indispensible you will be on the unemployment line with no health insurance nor any way to pay for it.

Just my 2 cents.