Insuring a G2 Driver?

Hey! I have had my G2 for about 2 years now. Kinda lazy to get G but I was just curious…

I am planning on getting a 240sx or a 300zx in the summer. I just wanted to know… if you are a G2 driver, what do you pay for your insurance? who are you insured with? do you have any tickets?

Just an example, i was getting quotes not too long ago for my JDM Silvia. im 20, G license for about a year now, no tickets or accidents ever and i got quoted by Zehr insurance $287/Month full coverage for a 240sx (only comparable car). Now idunno if the guy hooked me up but thats what he quoted me on a stock 240sx. Maybe you should try them.

Zehr Insurance
1-800-667-1802

DEPENDS on age and yeah history of driving…call a broker…they will find best price for you…

try
breckly insurance broker…call can’t hurt…416-292-2020 ask for quote

Don’t be lazy. Get your G. It dropped my insurance premium significantly.
My tester took me on the road for 5 minutes. When he told me to drive back I thought for sure I failed. He quickly checked down a whole bunch of mistakes for things that I didn’t even attempt to do, and then told me I passed. I went in to register and I overheard him saying he was FINALLY going home…

That was irrelevant to this thread, but it changed the premium on my 300ZX from $350/month to $150/month.

PCPROA<— HE’S RIGHT… DO IT get the G and save$$$$$

i’m paying 2400 a month on a G2 but i’m in waterloo so if i was in GTA it would be roughly 2700, first driver, owner but no full coverage., This is with 2 tickets and an at fault collision

I have a s13 and only my g2. Im insured with pafco and i pay roughly 350 a month

HOLD UP…hold up…$2,400.00 a month!!! guy get teh g license and drop that fee a lil… but still that is a heafty fee…

who are you guys insured with?

I think ill get my G in the winter…

Get your G asap. Or you’ll get screwed like me by insurance and popo.

oops not a month i mean a year! shiet my bad! getting a G wont matter on my policy. Apparently if i’m owner and primary G and G2 makes 0 dollar difference

who are you insured with?

The personal. (some corporate company) I’m listed as an occasional. and i am since i dont winterdrive the s13. Shouldve asked me about it today when i met you.

insuring G2 as primary driver is bank account suicide.

I’m currently 19, full G
no tickets or claims,
primary driver…

89’ 240sx…

257/mnth
BEL AIR DIRECT

they offer discounts such
as if ur a student, training certificate, etc…

Be smart about how you search, how to handle tickets, claims, clean off your record as much as possible, when you start a policy make sure you only get covered for as much as you need and drive and it wont be overkill.

I’m not saying that its cheap either, you just gotta make the effort to make it cheap.

I’m with TD Insurance.
BTW, forgot the mention that 1 speeding ticket with a G2 can dismiss your license and you are forced to go back through the process beginning with a G1.
G2 is a fancy way of saying “Learners permit”. If you get a ticket that means you did not learn properly. The cop may dismiss your Learners Permit at his or her discretion.

bel air won’t insure my car because it’s over 20 years old… so the next cheapest is state farm

When you move to Thornhill those rates are gonna change.
Enjoy the cheap rates right now. Enjoy

Very good Idea