Insuring a G2 Driver?

k lol I just got my g not too long ago cuz my insurance was killing me lol and I pay MORE now than b4 when I had my g2! I decided to shop around for another insurance company and they all offered me the same price or like $5 less lol I now pay 379/month on insurance :S it sucks ballz… all cuz of 1 careless driving charge for drifting in an empty parking lot…

maybe you can arrange for staying under the old policy? that’s super expensive…in a year you could buy another car just from paying insurance.

im 18 with my G2 and insurance for my s13 is 320 a month (primary driver) so i dont think yours will be as much as an 18 year old kids insurance

I just got my g but my insurance hasnt come down yet

I had my 300 insured with my g2 and 6 demerit points cost me about 415 a month

Nordic,
my insurance was cheaper but my old insurance company (kingsway) wouldn’t insure my Z because my VIN is shorter than 17 digits.

so I had to go with nordic which gave me this price and insured my Z but jacked the price about 150 bucks a month more than my other car was on my other policy.

They are more expensive, another example is that my stanza costs me 375 a month as my winter beater while I had a probe and supra and stang, integra, mx6 and another 3 probes and my highest insurance rate was 265 a month, but my stanza is 375 … how that works i dont know, just a new company to me

so yeah go with kingsway general I would stay with them but they wouldnt do jdm

I have my G now, just gotta wait for that to go through and also in feb 4 of my points will be gone and the other 2 in november of 2008.

Being a primary driver with G2 , G and young age does make a difference, but the biggest one is who you tell the insurance company the car is registered to, and they do find out who its regitered to later on. When worse comes to worse register the car on a parent and you can be the primary driver still, the amount will come down drastically, i was quoted $389 as the vehicle owner and primary driver, and $187 with parent as vehicle owner and me as primary driver with a G2, 1 accident and 2 speeding convictions on record.

I asked the company why such a big difference? they said depending on who the car is registered to is very important, because the insurance account is based on the owners driving history.

i never knew that…it says on the mto site that with a g1 or g2 license …if you get 2 or more points you will be sent a warning letter…nothing is mentioned about having to go back to redoing your g1 if you get a ticket while being a g2 holder

and g1 is the learners permit…formally the 360…technically a g2 is a learners as well but i have never once heard it referred to it as that.

you have no Idea LOL. acctually I think they removed the vasoline and went straight for the sand paper! lol and you know what my careless was for? I did a BIG drift in an empty parking lot, now thats not so bad, but the mayor watched me do it so I was fubard there, and to top things off, a cop was pulling in and clocked me going 90k sideways lol that put the icing on the cake… and seeing as it was a parking lot they can’t charge me under the hwy trafic act, so they gave me a dangerous driving charge, of which I fought and got a careless… and now I am soooo fubared lol

notice more misinformation? turning 1 stupid person into many