Integra Ignition Problems Please Help

Car- 2000 Integra gs-r

So tonight i attempted to replace the Honda distributor cap, rotor, and coil with MSD parts, bad idea!
I hooked up all the msd stuff and the car would not turn over. I tried a few things and still no luck. It was getting late so i decided to just put it back to stock and try another time but when i did the car still would not turn over.

I double checked everything and i am pulling my hair out because i have to go to work in the morning.
I put the stock coil back in, hooked up the coil wires, put the dust cover, rotor, then cap back on.

The way i have the wires hooked up is like this

12 4321

Is there something i am overlooking?

One thing i did that might be the problem is when i took the distributor cap off the screw for the rotor was not accessible so i cranked the engine over a few times so that i could see the screw to remove the rotor.
What am i doing wrong? Please help guys, and gals.

MSD= waste of money, should have done some research first. Dont know what else to tell ya, im tired and dont feel like reading .

was going to say the same thing about msd and hondas. pm layzie i belive he had some issue with msd

heard the same thing. nothing to be gained but problems is the word around the camp fire.

There is a difference between not turning over and not firing after cranking… So what’s it doing?

I could try and get a pic my wifes car for the plug wiring… but I’m not going pull the dist. cap off and take a pic to show the wiring… to much effort for too little money…

never mind… google yo…
http://www.rywire.com/store/images/troubleshooting/b16firingorder2.jpg

If it’s not firing after cranking you screwed up the wiring or left something unpluged… maybe one of the wires to pt.

are you getting spark???any honda will try to start if you are getting spark…even with one plug it will try to start… even if you had the wires all messed up you would still get something… did you put the pull any fuses? and not put them back in… check the dizy plugs sometimes they fall apart when you pull them apart and you may think they are pluged in but they are not …check all that

sounds like you solved the problem already!

Check the Points…I heard you can replace them with those from an Indian Motorcylcle, but be careful they are platinum…

Kidding, I dont know hondas

Devioustsi - What’s happening is when I turn the key the engine tries to start
like arrr arrrr arrrr arrrr but never starts. I can do this until the battery runs out of juice then I have to jump it for more attempts.

OK so here is an update.
I just got done reading about 30 posts using the search term “No spark” on team Integra, No help.

I got a different OEM distributor and it still would not start, I found out I was not getting any spark.
The new distributor comes with the coil and Igniter so I think I can rule those parts out.

I listened closely to the main relay and it clicks once then twice before I try and crank the engine, so I don’t think it’s that.

I can hear the fuel pump turn on and I have a pressure gauge on top of my filter and it reads 45psi, so the fuel system is good.

My next step was to try and pull a code.
I jumped the plug next to the ecu with a paper clip
turned the key to the on position and something really weird happened.

The Check engine light lit up and then went off, however
the ABS light displayed a number of blinks. It was 9 long blinks and 1 short. This really has me confused because I thought the check engine light is supposed to blink.

I am really stumped. Any help would be awesome.
I am going to check a few things when I get home and see if any of this works.

1. Check cam gears for TDC, maybe belt jumped.
  2. Double check distributor harness and make sure
    none of the wires are popped out.
  3. Triple check the coil and make sure it is not
    internally grounded to the distributor case.
  4. Triple check to make sure I am definitely not getting
    any spark, use timing light method.
  5. Check tailpipe and make sure no one stuck a
    banana in there! (I don’t know what else to do!)
  6. Check compression
  7. Open ecu make sure it’s not burnt up.
  8. Make sure gas cap is on!

If there is anyone in the Schenectady, Albany area that is free this weekend and likes a good challenge I am right in
Rotterdam. Maybe someone can stop by and give a fellow member a hand. I would definitely throw in a case of beer, or a couple of bucks.

So last night i rented a OBD scanner from advanced, came up NO CODES FOUND!
What the hell!