Pros and Cons of MSD on a honda

ok, it seems that I am having nothing but problems with my MSD system on the CRX. What do you guys think, should i try and get it tuned in better on the car or pull it out and go back to stock ignition system?

for some reason i’ve seen alot of issues with msd setups on honda’s, but i’ll let the honda guru’s chime in :slight_smile:

Installed a MSD 6AL and SS blaster coil on an Integra w/ no problems. Are you sure you have everything wired up properly. Trickest part of the install was removing the stock coil under the cap and wiring it up to the MSD coil.

just put it back to stock.

+1 for stock

not worth the issues it could cause later down the road

Stock is all you need.

Yeah layzie was telling me he had all MSD ignition and it didnt work right at all… So he just runs stock ignition.

stock ignition>*

You know who makes great ignition…HONDA, stick with honda

go back to stock. ive seen many problems with msd setups failing on multiple makes.

Brian

honda ignition FTW msd doesnt have shit on stock honda

[quote=“91CRXSI,post:11,topic:32242"”]

honda ignition FTW msd doesnt have shit on stock honda

[/quote]

:word: everyone that i know of that had MSD in a honda had nothing but problems, stick with stock

Since it gains nothing, why bother?

Put it back to stock. Use good plugs and wires and make sure your car is properly grounded (check the main ground straps).

i make 650whp on stock ignition. i had msd on and all it gave me was troubles. NGK blue wires and NGK plugs will be the best route.

I have the msd sci box and blaster coil in my wifes car. No problems just had to replace a worn cap and rotor.

btw…DSM Ignition ftw evo guys switch to them and have made 925+whp on stock dsm coils.

[quote=“Devioustsi,post:16,topic:32242"”]

I have the msd sci box and blaster coil in my wifes car. No problems just had to replace a worn cap and rotor.

btw…DSM Ignition ftw evo guys switch to them and have made 925+whp on stock dsm coils.

[/quote]

Randomly throwing hp #'s out is pointless unless you list the complete setup. Its not like the lack / presence of an MSD made or broke the 925+ barrier or anything. Anyone can make 900+ if the turbo is big enough. At that point its the whole system, not just the ignition system