Inter. Motorcycle Show in NYC 1/20/12 - Anyone Going?

Starts this Friday at noon and runs till Sunday at 5pm

Jacob Javits Center in NYC

Tickets are $18

http://www.motorcycleshows.com/newyork

I will probably be there on Friday night or Saturday

Anyone else planning on attending?

Unfortunately be at work 'till Sunday but was planning on shooting down to the city this week on Sunday to visit a friend.

A few years ago it was rather disappointing with almost no new models and the exhibit being very small, especially when compared to the International Auto show in the same building.

I noticed that too. Last year KTM and Aprilia weren’t there, which was a real shame because I still haven’t seen the RSV4 in person.

But I still enjoy it. Suzuki has a nice display, usually at least 2-3 of their race bikes from AMA, and last year Martin Cardenas and Elena Myers were there signing autographs. Last year Yamaha had Ben Spies’ motogp bike there and Josh Hayes’ AMA R1, and in 2009 they had Rossi’s motogp bike.

I will be there on Saturday. Last year was ok. I’m hoping to see the new 1199 and see of Ducati brings rossi’s bike for this year

trying to get down there saturday. Im mostly looking at gear.

+1

I’m leaning toward Saturday too because Kevin Schwantz ('93 GP Champ) wll be there doing Q&A’s and probably signing autographs

I wanna check out the 1199 but I really can’t swing it this weekend.

Besides I hate crowds…:rofl

thats pretty cool

depending on the snow, i might go sunday instead of saturday.

id be fine, but dont feel like dealing with dimwitted downstate drivers in a snowstorm :lol

Looks like I’ll be in the city Saturday morning.

It’s a decent show for those going. I’ve attended it in the past with customer bikes.

about to trek down through the snow. lets hope its a good show

Been there done that, I will just look at the new models online LOL. I absolutely hated the crowds down there its a madhouse, you can barely get a look at anything. The year I went down they stopped petting people in until people left, you couldnt even walk around without pushing people out of the way.

So did anyone went? would like to see some picts…

I forgot about it.

Still in Albany today.

Subaru AWD was acting up in the snow, not tracking straight and I didn’t want to risk taking the trip.

New Duc

Very cool cluster/display standard equip

Flat Black 1198

Ben’s bike

Hayes’ bik

Check out the iPad on top of the tank

Paul Jr Designs “Web Bike”

One thing that I liked was that they had a special “Dream Machine” section which featured the best bikes from the manufacturers who weren’t there:

Got to see Kevin Schwantz

He was really cool and pretty funny

Very cool custom BMW HP2