Intercooler talk ITT with rainbow wheels (split)

we’ve both got pretty much the most efficent/powerful intercoolers you can buy besides the garrett 4.5 core.

we have the garrett 3.8 (1000hp core) buschur race intercoolers, back to back to back highways pulls 20-120, 40-120, dig runs you could put your hand on the intercooler and it was cold as ice. same goes for at the track, the intercooler would be cooler than before i even made the pass.

you also have to look at weight, a waic conists of the core, heat exhanger,hose for the heat exchanger, the water, the pump, the intercooler pipes… it adds up and im sure it weighs almost double to what our intercoolers weigh alone…

awic aren’t nessecary for us, our cores work well enough for over 160mph in 1/4mi, proven by buschur/awd, stm, etc…

the research has been done, no need to reinvent the wheel really.

I hear you. I didnt think of the weight thing. lol good point on that one.

How about a simple halo and a small CO2 bottle, like paint ball sized bottle for it. flip a switch and spray the livin bejesus out of it once you start staging. If the FMIC is really that good, that would make it even better than WAIC and ice.

its not the lack of an effective intercooler system on the evo. its keeping the T-case in the car and not exploding the rear diff/axles. there are so many street driven 10 second Evos that are very reliable. gonna be hard to sell an AWIC to an evo guy when, as pete says they are proven to go 8/160mph with an air to air core.

well then I still stand by my idea… blue tape up all the seams and body gaps, shave the mirrors and hope for a tail wind.

lol

correction, the same intercooler i have (race core) went over 173mph :slight_smile:

big deal pete. you want a metal or something?:clap

I Already have a medal thanks for offering :slight_smile:

Seamoose dont be a boner BRO. I heart Mikeal Ruben

so why the fuck is that on your 117-119mph car?

Yup. Could have been done with stock IC. Money put elsewhere for go fast parts.

Yall don’t even know about the white power photoshoot going down this spring

probably for the same reason he put some nice bbs wheels on a station wagon

30psi through a stock turbo gets hot pretty fast…

Not really, STM did a test by swapping a stock core for a race core on a stock turbo and picked up 40whp/80tq… Pretty worth it if you ask me…

Hmmm coming from the dude with rainbow wheels… Yeaaaaaa rightttttt

:rofl

:lol

I did a test that proved that a 200 shot of nitrous on a 98 Grand Am GT picked up 80rwhp at 3500rpm just before the contents of the block emptied out of the oil pan. Well worth the money. Would do it again.

Its a good thread. I’m sorry I couldn’t refrain from cluttering it up. PM and I will erase said nonsense.

Dude we went through this before …the only thing worse than a station wagon…is a station wagon on bbs wheels…

rainbow wheels > bbs rimzzz bra

I can always put on a different set of wheels but no matter what wheels you put on a wagon is still a STATION WAGON