Intercooler

well guys afte looking and looking at my intercooler and seeing how big it SHOULD be…i have descided that i will prolly be cutting my bumper Re-bar and tilting it forward…does anyone know of picturs of 240’s with this? any pros or cons?

input welcome
thanks

Drew

Pro’s: More air flow. I did this a few years back and it cleared up the immediate over heating i had.

Con’s: Don’t get into an accident. Also, i believe if your insurance found out that the rebar was altered (major protective aspect), your insurance could be void.

yea, cutting the rebar is a no-no in our province too.

if u don’t have ac, a pretty standard FMIC could fit in there without having to cut the rebar.

I used the greddy kit and I had to either remove my rebar I could of cut it but I had all the jdm gear to get rid of it.

well my intercooler is 17x12x3 and the opening in my bumper is pretty much only 17x8 i just wanted to get more airflow thru the cooler. I wonder if i just cut the bumper if i don’t have to cut the Re-bar

Drew

you shouldn’t have to cut the rebar with a 12" tall IC. But yes you will have to cut the bumper.

not worried about the bumper…i figured i would have to modify it anyways to get some air to the top half of my cooler. thanks alot for your input guys

Drew

Ive got some Intercoolers for sale, check out my thread.
http://www.n-e-c-c.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2984

do you know if cutting the Foam Support behind the bumper will void my insurance? bigger turbo is going in next couple weeks and i will need the more airflow.

you must trim the backside of the rebar… well i did.