Interest Check: Performance true manual rack for s13 and s14

sorry ahmed but i believe this:

http://nissanroadracing.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=310

is /thread.

you’re so reliable…at failure. i’ve been holding out this whole time but seriously…i can’t help but share how much entertainment you provide with your ignorance and stupidity. sometimes you even make my day with some of your posts LOL.

by the way, you should really take it easy on posting pics of your car. i mean, seriously, if you scroll through your pics fast enough it’s like a fuckin busted whore twirling in front of you wanting some kind of compliment when all you can think of is yacking all over her pretty shoes…what a waste.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3711/p8131429medium.jpg

pliers for a front fender roll!? haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaha.

yes i’m smashed. but no i don’t take any of this back. happy sunday to you too ahmed :slight_smile:

I don’t give a fuck what Mark has agreed to. I hate stupid people, and you’re stupid, so I hate you.

In fact, the only thing you have going for yourself, is your ignorance. If you stopped being so damn ignorant, you would realize that it’s impossible for all the people that hate you to be wrong. From a statistical stand point, the sheer amount of ill will you garner, proves that YOU are in fact wrong.

Do you not notice that no one has ever backed you up? Not one person has ever taken it upon themselves to agree with you, or take pity on you. That’s how universally disliked you are. You sir, are the only thing SON has ever agreed on. We can’t pick KA-T or SR, S13 or S14, hatch or coupe, but we can all say in one voice. WE HATE AHMED. WE WANT HIM GONE. In a really ironic way, you may be the best thing that’s happened to this place. Our hatred for you has united us.

http://acidtrax.net/bb/img/b/full_retard.jpg

Ahmed went full retard.

Ahmed you and Nelly and tony are the most hated people on son.
yet it seems that nether Nelly nor tony have recirculated, why is it that you can’t leave this place alone?
do us all a favor and crush your 240.

I dunno why all of you are being dumb at the moment he wasn’t arguing with anyone at the beginning but than you all had to instigate shit hes doing a good thing acting mature and trying to help some members out by getting them a good steering rack. I’m not saying I agree with everything he does but at least when hes not being stupid saying Megan this 240 that you shouldn’t start talking shit if mods really wanted him banned they would IP ban him but they didn’t so who cares…plus there are more annoying ppl on this site now anyways so let it be…

Give it a rest people, holy.

I’m interested but what would it approximately cost because I don’t want to commit to something I can’t pay for

This is one of the most informative threads I’ve read in a while regarding anything 240 related…and he even gets a multiforum group-buy going for a legitimate performance product…then gets attacked. Wow.

Solarian, you are completely wrong about all of SON hating Ahmed. Most people, including me, are afraid to respond supporting him because then the attacking and hatred might shift towards them.

Back on topic: That autoparts canada site which sells OEM replacement parts is selling a remanufactured non-hicas steering rack (longer ratio than the HICAS rack) for $400.00 CDN IIRC. If this performance rack can be bought for around $900, then it seems like a very good buy IMO.

I’m obviously not putting my name on the list, I have shit to fix first, lol, but GL with the groupbuy.

Dude just leave it or people will continue to reply and this GB thread will get turned into complete shit.

EDIT:

Read more posts so I’m going to reply.

As much as Ahmed and myself have had our differences, he hasn’t really done anything bad other than try to help people out with this group buy.

Also, you cannot compare Nelly and Tony240 to Ahmed. It’s completely different. Those guys scammed people. Ahmed has been honest and has not done any of that. So for that I can respect him.

Ahmed is cool in person and I’m sure that if you met him in person, it’d be a lot different I assume. I don’t know him too well in person to really say that though.

In regards to being the most hated…I’m sorry but I think I still hold that title. No one hates Fobwall more on SON.

I’m more hated than Borat is in Kazakstan. :slight_smile:

i know this thread is tres old, but did this GB go through?
i’m looking for a rack like this

its ready to go, just waiting on down payments so far 5 ppl including myself… the rack is being drawn right now, sincei nitially there was 30 ppl interested only 5 us manned up to actually pay… if ur interested in actually buying it pm me… and we’ll make it happen… its being made no matter what :slight_smile:

Have you even nailed down a final price?

The two things that concern me here are:

1. Some guy in the states paid 600 GBP for his rack, so assume some type of similar price for this one.
  2. “as far as i know the dif btw s13 and s14 racks are the bushings…”

Can you answer 100% that this rack is universal S13 + S14, and can you post a solid price.

Have you worked out the importing and shipping fees, etc.
I wouldn’t want to send you “500-800…” and then have to cover another $500-$800 in shipping, customs, etc.

If it’s being drawn right now, then obviously you should have worked out the details already. This is the type of thing that I’d be interested in, but not with so many unknowns.

-yes final price is on there its 600GBP yup

-I sent in my HICAS s13 rack as an engineering sample. Zilvia research said the difference is in the bushings, I can not confirm 100% as I only have an s13.

-The money is not sent to me but to the guy/company (atomic-rex) who is making these. I’m not making a profit… Like I said I just was trying to organize this for people as I wanted one for myself and well I figured after years of requests from s chassis owners here you go.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=442963&page=5 this is the most up to date page.

I can contact Jon for you and well you can get in touch with him directly if you’re serious.

Basically a 50% deposit is what’s required to be enlisted.

You’re quick with those edits…lol

So basically your GB gives no discount at all, if the original guy that got one made paid the same price.

600GBP right now is about $1065 CAD, I assume this is before shipping & customs?

yup… sorry dude, the company thats producing his racks has some high profile clients (ferrari, radical, etc…) paying more than double the price on similar items so… as is, things are slow pace because of low orders… the rx7 guys however are very happy with what they got :slight_smile: That’s all I can say. It’s not easy to get a one off custom high grade item that often for any car not to mention our cars… it’s up to you bro. 30 people were ‘interested’ but when of course it comes to pay its tough… but its understandable.

Let me know :slight_smile:

how much more effort would be required with these racks, in comparison with a normal ps rack?

Interested from a drifting perspective.

He does have a drift specific rack, if you’re interested please pm me and i can direct you his contact information. Most of the questions have been answered in that nicoclub thread though.

The issue with ‘difficulty’ is mostly in parking lot and at low speed/no speed… and honestly its not as the scare as online forums make it seem… once a car gets going with a manual rack its very smooth/quick/direct…

Now I’m personally building my car for road racing/track… so I have my reasons for going to this rack, however there is a few drift rx7 guys… again drift flavoured racks with extra travel/angle/etc…

Does Atomic Rex know if the only difference between the S13 and S14 rack is the bushings? (which I assume would be overcome with their CNC’d aluminum mounts).

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee255/gmonsen/Mazda%20Rx7/Other%20Rx7/MVC-003F.jpg

They are designing the rack, and you are advertising it as compatible with both (check thread title), so I’d hope somebody actually knows.

When is the order date, the thread seems to have died on Nico a little while ago as well.
What info do you have right now?

as i said… the rack is being designed… and all thats required are deposits 50%… if u want ill give u the direct contact for atomic rex… like i said they got my hicas rack and are designing it and just waiting for deposits… initially 10 will be made through the company even though 5 ppl only did deposits including myself so far… if u wana jump in ur welcome.

I’ll have to google it but on zilvia is where i read someone swapping racks and the difference being the bushings and the column being single piece vs two piece on s13… and if i recall different tie rods (s13 vs s14, im using spl outers with z33 tein inners on mine as is now).

I think I know what you’re talking about.
It was a thread on Zilvia from 2008, you were actually in there at the end.

They had a group buy going from Unisteer for a “true manual rack” for $299!
Don’t know the details, but I’d rather pay $299 than $1200 +

lol ya but that group buy wasnt for a cnc’d rack :stuck_out_tongue: it was just an oem replacement like rack that was manual. CNC’ing costs. And the company fell through, it was more than 299$, thats what people were expecting though.

I paid 500USD for my HICAS power rack… so i dont see something of this magnitude as being too much… yeah its alot of money but… its not a cheap piece to make either, it has to be designed/cnc’d/materials etc… plus atomic rex has to make a lil bit of profit.

Anywho this is happening, but only for people who are paying so… whatever you decide its available from now on… like i said ten are gonna be produced initially, its slow because well… usually things go faster when there are large orders :wink: