Interesting 03 CObra Article

You also shouldn’t compare N/A with forced induction.

4.6L vs 5.7L

like you say, only replacement for displacement is boost.

No I said tuning. :doh:
Look at formula one cars making around 1000hp from a N/A 3.0 liter engine.

Bottles are for babies
Supercharged guys always whine
turbo guys always scream
N/A guys always cry :kekegay:

they also spin at 15,000 rpm :doh:

A lot of these cars are underrated, so I’ll post real life actual numbers

2003-2004 Mustang Mach 1:
DOHC 4.6L 4v V8 (281ci) 10.25:1 CR: 320hp/320tq (actual)

2005 Mustang GT:
SOHC 4.6L 3v V8 (281ci) 10.1:1 CR: 310hp/325tq (actual)

2003-2004 Mustang Cobra:
DOHC 4.6L 4v V8 Supercharged (281ci) 8.5:1 CR: 430hp/420tq (actual)

2002 Camaro Z28 / Trans Am:
5.7L V8 (346ci) 10.1:1 CR: 350hp/360tq (actual)

2002 Corvette Z06:
5.7L V8 (346ci w/revised heads/cam) 10.5:1 CR: 405hp/400tq

2005 Corvette C6 / Pontiac GTO
6.0L V8 (362ci) 10.5:1 CR: 400hp/400tq

Given Ford’s displacement disadvantage theyre doing pretty damn good, compared to the bigger GM engine’s, huh Shag?

That and losing 2 full points in compression to the Z06, so of course, they made up the power and then some with an SC.

You can’t really compare everything, theyre all valid ways of making power. But if you really want to throw in some NA engines for fun, then why not look at Ford’s 5.4L 3v engine, thats rumored to be in the 06 Mach 1? 385hp/370tq out of a 5.4L That’s still smaller than GM’s LS1

and where can I go, and buy a vehicle with one of these 3.0L 1000hp engines from? Can I go down to my local car dealer and scoop one up?

As long as its V8 RWD 5 speed or 6 Speed, Im all for it :cool:
GM or FORD
Not a Picky Person :kekegay:

I dont care what it is…

Fast > not fast

your’e right, we’re comparing 47k dollar vehicles, that extra 3k puts it WAY outa the running

I said you have to tune it…get a million dollars and a design team.

I wasnt comparing that FRPP Cobra… I was using the regular SVT cobra

281 with boooooost=389 cui!

Here’s my opinion on it…
GM stays w/ the OHV engine for some reason… it seems that its pretty obvious that the DOHC engines and more than 2 valves/cylinder engines that Ford puts out have a lot of horsepower for the size… but there has to be a reason that GM just sticks with making the engine bigger, and leaving the OHV, 2v/cyl. in place, to create horsepower… Maybe its easier to modify engine internals … seems to me that the GM engines are more often torn apart and have internals changed to create more hp, while ford engines have to go with forced induction…
i dunno… just a little insight… I love that cobra at the beginning of the thread tho… funny that w/ 690 horse it only ran a 12.7 1/4… should be able to do like 1.5 seconds faster than that, i’d say… but i do realize its b/c it has street tires on it…

GM can continue to improve on the design and get good HP from old technology with good gas mileage, why waste the money redoing a new engine design? Ford chose to redesign their engine lineup. There are lots of ways to make power, and all of them are viable solutions.

I’m just glad Ford finally put some HP behind the mustang from the factory, I could care less if it is forced or NA.

you do realize, Ford does have a 5.4L 3v SOHC engine (2 cams), that puts out 385hp/380tq. It’s rumored to go into the 2006 Mach 1

M112 Blower + 281 = 393 cubic inches !!!

:kiss: 393ci < Ls1 346

its a shame i accually cared enough to know what blower the cobra uses

blower does not add to displacement, sorry try again

blower is not included with the block, it is considered a bolt on

blower has its own rotors driving it, and uses the crank to push the snout. Roots/Twin Screws, actually use horsepower to make horsepower.

sorry sir,heard it from the cobra boys them self! :boink

that doesnt make them right on every subject.

Anyone will know, that a supercharger does not add to the total displacement of the engine. I don’t remember seeing anywhere in my manuals, that I have a 6.3L engine (4.6+1.7)