Interesting photo...

Discuss.

Country is a mess of hypocrisy and corruption.

Separation of church and state, stupid spending, lobbying, useless congress no matter what party is the flavor of the term, special interest groups, patriot act, wars…

Considering every candidate gets most of their campaign money from big business when they run for their position, there is no soon solution.

It didn’t happen over the last 4 years and it’s not getting fixed in the next 4.

Just remember separation of church and state was to protect the “church” from government, not the other way around. The idea came around because colonists feared that Britian would take away their religious freedom, so when the Constitution was written, they wanted to make sure it was mentioned. Britian in the 1500-1800s flip flopped the country’s main religion from Catholic to Protestant and back and forth several times.

Cossey’s gonna rage if #2 goes down…

I’d rage if any went down. The executive branch is just way too strong. I lost count of how many executive orders Obama signed so far, which pretty much ruins the system of checks and balances and the process of making a law.

A prime example of why we need our amendments would be WWII. Hitler made it so the German citizens couldn’t have any guns, and look where that got them. Once you lose a freedom, you will not get it back.

I like u sometimes Cossey… this is one of those times :slight_smile:

Lost count? I’ll remind you - 104

I’m all for hating the government and how stupid and corrupt it is, but saying it’s because of the “current party”, whatever the party maybe is silly. It doesn’t matter who’s there, thing won’t change as they are simply puppets and the loopholes will not be closed.

Obama EO - 104

Bush EO - 291

:rofl

Don’t know where I mentioned a party? I said the executive BRANCH has too much power, not the Obama administration (which is the Exec branch technically). I don’t think any president, regardless of party should have that much power to bypass the entire legislative process. Remember, legislative branch makes laws, executive enforces them, judicial tries them.

To be fair, Thomas Jefferson didn’t Constitutionally have the power to make the Louisiana Purchase, but did so anyways and it turned out great for America considering he was offering to buy JUST New Orleans from France for something like $9M or 10M, then Napolean offered the whole Louisiana Purchase territory for just $15M.

If you’re trying to tell me that it wasn’t a jab at the current administration “ruining the system”, and “losing count of Obamas executive orders” after putting up that poster and a good history of being anti Democrat, pro Republican, you’re only kidding yourself. Intent doesn’t need a word for word description.

Just follow the money and all the government decisions all of a sudden make sense. :ponder

I’m sorry I used the current president as an example?

But the current administration is quite possibly the most anti-Constitutional administration as I can recall. Total disregard for Constitutional amendments, and Obama’s biggest “reason” for change was his healthcare system in which part of it was repealed for being unconstitutional. Vlad, as someone who prides themselves of being a citizen of the greatest country in the world, I take things like this personal when our government is taking away freedoms given to us by the greatest document ever created and copied by countless countries and states. REGARDLESS of president and administration.

EDIT: And also just because I’m conservative, doesn’t mean I’m a republican. As I said before, the entire party system is bullshit.

The question is why would you use a current president when there are plenty of others to pick support your point of Executive abuse more?

A picture is cute and all but let’s dig into in.

What has been done to rule out half of first amendment?

What laws have been passed to cross off the right to bear arms?

Article 4? Call Bush for that one.

and so on.

I can make cute Photoshop pictures too, without facts to back them up, it’s called propaganda.

Edit: there has been such a long history of government ignoring constitution and bill of rights i fail to see how or why people think it’s an issue now.

Politicians support big business and big business money but lie to voters to get their votes. Then stop caring for their term until reelection.

I’ll elaborate more on this tomorrow when I get on a comp, but I was just using Obama as an example because I don’t know, maybe because he’s our CURRENT president? I’m sorry you’re so offended when someone says anything negative about your boy in the Oval Office.
Vlad maybe one day you’ll realize that just because it’s better than Communist Russia, doesn’t make it right. Also if you wanna mention propaganda, perhaps I should mention that you said your main source of news info was The Daily Show, which is political satire which is the same thing as propaganda. While you may consider it a source, it should only be considered entertainment. And no, my news source is not Fox, as much as you want to think it is just because I’m a conservative.

“My boy” :rofl

I don’t like him any more than you do, I just think that anybody in his position would be doing identical actions with minor variations of opinions and attempts at policy that would get shut down by other parties or interest sources and it just irks me when blame is assigned to a specific party or person as if they have control or as if another party is going to be a god send in next election.

What are you even talking about “doesn’t make it right”? I’m not arguing against the bill of rights, just saying it doesnt matter at this point, avalanche has launched and you gotta let it run out. People in power only want to do one thing and stay in power. It was true in Russia, it’s true here and was true for thousands of years. American government is not some supreme ethical force that will do no wrong, no matter what they may promise during elections.

Edit: Yes I watch the daily show, if I’m going to watch BS on TV I might as well get a personal satisfaction and a laugh out of it as it doesn’t matter one fucking bit whether I watch Daily show or you watch the most honest and correct news source on the planet we will both be in the same boat.

Sorry for being a realist, or pessimist as some may think.

I’m just not holding my breath for next person in power to wave his magic wand and fix the world and it’s economy.

I like the one where they chop’d him into Spike from Cowboy Bepop better. :rofl

Vlad, your insane with this “I just think that anybody in his position would be doing identical actions with minor variations of opinions”.

Ummm No

And again, daily show is fun… but a hard left leaning set of writers will slowly drag your mindset from reality.

Vlad’s opinion of presidential power comes from regular Daily Show viewings so he’s basically a political scholar.

You call yourself a realist but you admit your main news source is one that is entertainment and comedy first, and politics second. See the hypocrisy in that? Not everyone in power craves even more power. Look at our first president after the ratification of the Constitution. George Washington stepped down ON HIS OWN from power. He could’ve ran plenty of times more and would’ve easily won, but believed that any one person in power that long would be unconstitutional and goes against the principles the country was founded upon. King George, who we just got done fighting at the time, said that if Washington stepped down as president, giving away his power and position, he would be the greatest man that ever lived. You need to get away from the communist thinking from Russia and realize what this country was founded upon and what it has become. You can blame big business all you want, but you’re the one that brought it up for no reason in this thread so I’m not going to touch the subject.

As the person who runs this forum Vlad, do you crave more power since you’re in power here? If you say no, then you just went against what you just said. If you say yes, then you’re just an asshole lol.

+10 JClark points.

Power comes in many forms, including more members which is always one of primary goals. I see nothing wrong with that and that has always been the mission.

And don’t mention the mind set of the people that were dead for hundreds of years, nobody knows what really happened or all the reasons. For all we know he lost a bet.

Hypocracy in what? The fact that I trust no news source in it’s entirety and watch a satire for entertainment? You ever play connect the dots? You can’t jump pages between pictures, you gotta stay on the same page.

Do you even know what communism is? Or what the “Russian thinking” is? You’ll be surprised that many other Russians that actually lived in communist Russia don’t have same opinions as me.

What country was funded upon was a rough draft that got adjusted many times over, remember your dear bill of rights? Slavery? Sufferage? Little things like that.

It is now a mess and it’s not getting fixed especially considering how rough European economy is.

If you disagree then feel free to tell me you believe the other party, if elected will fix things. Specifically list the things that got messed up by recent liberal parties that clearly should be overturned by conservatives. I’m sure you know the issues well.

I’ll sit back and wait for nothing to happen. Just like the scare of liberal Obama banning all guns in the world and driving up the prices of guns and ammo.

1. You tell me not to mention the mindset of others that are dead, but you want to be right about the mindset of people that are alive? Hypocrite. For all we know they lost a bet.

2. If you watch the show for entertainment, then maybe you shouldn’t use the show to help defend arguments you make.

3. Yes Vlad, I know what communism is.

4. The country was founded upon three documents: The Declaration of Independence (which established the US as a country), the Articles of Confederation (which was the first document establishing rules and limitations of the government, which didn’t work because of many reasons in which I wrote a paper on for my American history class and am not going to make a KK post about it), and then the Constitution (which replaced the Articles because they simply were not efficient and gave the federal government almost no power, even to enforce laws or tax the people). The Constitution has amendments, it’s not like the entire document was thrown out and a new one was made, things were just added to it. It wasn’t a rough draft, do you might want to educate yourself on that at least a little bit.

5. WHEN THE FUCK DID I BRING UP THE OTHER PARTY??! DO YOU READ WHAT I SAY AT ALL INSTEAD OF JUST MAKING IGNORANT ASSUMPTIONS AND PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH? YOU brought up the parties, and I even mentioned I strongly dislike the party system. I simply said I was conservative, so that must mean I hate all liberals and what not? Stop being so ignorant Vlad.

6. That’s the problem with people just sitting back: nothing gets done and the country goes to shit. Obama actually does have intentions of banning gun ownership and what not, starting with reinstating the Assault Weapons Ban of 1994, which expired in 2004 although New York state and others have decided to reinstate the ban since gun ownership is a state issue, not federal. Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban - ABC News

http://www.gunbanobama.com/Default.aspx?NavGuid=530ecfa4-ae4e-4819-97e6-892463d99f08

http://www.issues2000.org/2008/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm

Hold on, let me get a link to your source to make it easier for your rebuttal: