Introduction

welcome, and i love the car !

Thanks for the love guy’s. I’m very proud of this car and hope all goes well with the single setup I purchased. It’s nice to own such a great performance vehicle that has never been modified and take it to a whole new level. I’ve been looking around at other threads and found that there are people on here that have other than good things to say about these cars. I found some of it amusing. So far it’s lasted longer then my DSM, lol!

DSM vs Rotary for durability…yikes!! Watch out for flying parts :ahh :lol

Jk

single turbo FD’s that run correctly are awesome. my buddy dan had a singled one, but after blowing up his bridgeported engine, he decided its better to swap out the engine in favor of something else, and its not a 2J or LSx

oh yeah and silver on black guts = :thumb

hahah nice

Funny seems like you guy’s have read so much awesome info on rotaries from so many reliable sources that knew what they were doing. Hope you guy’s can share all your amazing wisdom and help me to do everything right.

hey man, heres a 21page pdf on the rotary. hope you got your math brain on. its a good read for sure

http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~kenneth-weston/chapter7.pdf

i might have seen this at the lot a few weekends ago?

We saw a silver fd on the lower lot cruising around. Anyway nice car.

Quickly looking over your pdf there is quite a bit of mathematics that apply to figuring displacement equivalency and what not, should prove some good reading. I actually have not come across that pdf in all the reading I’ve done since I decided to purchase the car when I was overseas. Durability by the way is only as good as the path you take in modifying a car and being smart enough to know the limits. Unfortunately in the automotive world rotaries are like pitbulls, they have a bad reputation but in the right hands can prove to be better then many will ever find out for themselves. I happen to be a proud owner of both.

what you said also applies strongly to DSM’s

What I said applies to cars in general regardless of piston, rotary, fuel injected, carbureted, DSM, Ford…

My DSM was an isolated mess of a situation. Anyone that had anything to do with it would agree there I think. I lost a good amount of money with that car. I actually still have to sell the motor, clutch, and flywheel from that thing. This car isn’t gonna be any race car or anything. I’ll be happy to put down 400whp on a conservative tune. I built this for personal enjoyment this time. I see it as a gift to myself for my deployment to Iraq.

yeah what i did to my car was my gift from my last deployment. a 400whp FD would MOVE OUT. only cause for concern with the FD is the halfshafts/carrier when you get up to that level, the transmissions are very stout.

Funny, a kid trying to sell me a T78 was just saying the same thing about the halfshafts. After the whole tabockle with my Talon AND the scare I had when the FD started to spew smoke from the tailpipe, I don’t plan to drive this too hard. Although I would like to get involved in something that would help me learn how to drive it well. I’m pretty sure I would suck but I’d be willing to learn.

sick car…I bet it moves!

when you gonna ls1 swap it?? :wink:

Nice car man, 35r is a great turbo.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/eghatchattack/stfu.gif

Nice car, I likes

sweet FD. like many others here,ive always liked these. seems like you have a soild plan for it.

If you read post #15 you’d see I bought this car for what it is. Plus if I were to go I piston the LS1 would be by far at the bottom of my list. IMO a stock LS1 swap would be a waste of money.