Iraqi Trial

So Saddam is boycotting his own trial by not showing up now? I must not understand Iraqi law or something but anyone know if their laws are more lenient? Technically he is a prison right and he spends his night in a jail cell? I guess what i don’t understand is how he is allowed to “boycott” his trial or even to yell and scream in these outbursts he has been doing. If he is a prisoner why can’t he be held in contempt and just told to STFU?

because he doesnt fear to be executed, that’s what he wants

yeah, I’m really not getting it either…

funny part is Saddam isn’t that crazy … he’s just a typical Iraqi

^ lol word. It doesnt really matter wtf he does, the outcome in court will be the same regardless.

i realize that the trial is just a formality and that he most likely will be found guilty. What i am not understanding is how he is allowed to do the things he is doing. So the guard comes to get him from his cell and he says “i dont think i’ll go today” and they just say “ok, maybe tomorrow”?? WTF is that crap.

this is a fledgling gov’t … Iraqi’s are very unsure of themselves and prefer to be ordered around and told what to do . from birth there is always someone else controlling them and telling them what to do.
there very afraid to make decisions for themselves. Slight pressure from the americans… ANY americans is taken as orders

changing three mellinia dosen’t happen in a few short years.

your dealing with a whole other attitude and life style that has to be seen to be belived

that’s why the trial should be in an international court and not some makeshift, don’t even know the laws yet, can’t decide how to handle the situation iraqi court. He is being tried for crimes against humanity which has always been an international violation. Instead of adding legitimacy to the Iraqi judicial system this trial is making a mockery of it.

Yeah they really need to put the choke hold on him. They need to demonstrate to the people that he is no longer the alpha dog. As long as he’s allowed to choose when to come, and rant & rave at will, and stuff like that he’s still showing dominance. Like any great dictator, I’m sure he wants to die with his middle finger in the air to the US in one last act of defiance. I think it will do the Iraqi people a lot of good to see him reduced to what he is: a prisoner under the control of the people.

I’m sure it’ll happen… :rollseyes:

Whoa Whoa. I do not understand how you can say that. Any iraqi I met was for the most part soft spoken. They would shit themselves and burst into tears when they where yelled at.
There should not even be a trial for this bastard anyways. Why bother hes going to die anyways. They should just do it now.