irregardless

Zing.

LOL!

Pwned.

I’ve been hearing it a lot lately too. I heard some on TV say once a while ago and its blown up.

Tunners

How does that even look like it sounds like toon-ers?

“Masonary”

Its “masonry”

the masonary position

If You need a trowel, You are definately doing something wrong.

How about the word IMPACTFUL?

It does not exist, yet almost everyone seems to think so.

Oh yes. A meeting favorite.

i know, whenever i read that, i’m like Oh, nooner

I had a long day at work… stop picking on my imperfect grammar :cry: :stuck_out_tongue:
EDIT: Looking back, I think I meant to say ‘Another’ but stopped with ‘An’ because I was most likely interrupted. That happens quite a bit while I’m at work… go figure.

I do know that ‘an’ only comes before a vowel (and a few other rules), my mind just is not working today. As Mr. McGrass said though, correct me so I can learn from my mistakes.

It’s ok. I like bothering people. :slight_smile:

did you mean you’re?

:wink:

yeah… this is a big one. I could care less pretty much means that you could care less than you do, but no one knows how much you actually care, so it’s a useless phrase. I couldn’t care less means that you don’t care at all, as in you couldn’t possibly care any less than you do.

hahaaa… the um and ah aren’t so bad anymore because I can ignore them mostly. like is still really bad. one statement I heard the other day was, “Rochester is like, a really nice like city.” it’s LIKE a city?

what’s horrible is the use of “youknowwhaddimean” like it’s one word (variation: “seewhaddimean” and “yaknow”)… and they also aren’t ever asking you if you really know, they’re just sticking it in there so you can feel like you’re part of their rant.

I also like “orientated” … so many people say it thinking that they sound sophisticated. it’s ORIENTED.

oh you guys, this thread makes my heart burst with joy. :headbang: well… most of it. the rest makes me laugh. people making spelling and grammar mistakes while complaining about language errors is just hilarious.

Here’s something I made for my myspace page:

Feel free to hand it out at the office. :stuck_out_tongue:

haha, love your sig, i love the thing in your myspace :tup:

/hump

Very nicely done Jan. Sadly, your ‘Basic Tips List’ would be a waste on a majority of the people that I deal with each day. Most of them would look at it, then look at me and cock their head at an angle like a dog when you say something it doesn’t understand.

There is a few glaring items missing from that list:

It’s you, why, and are. Not u, y, and r. It’s three letters long use it.

But sadly it is true how bad grammar on the internet, and in general has gotten.

That was part of the joke.
A sentence begins with capital a letter.:wink:

This thread is funny because everyone is living in glass houses while they are throwing stones.:biglaugh:

I just thought of another one that really upsets me…

I seen that last week.

That is NEVER, EVER right so where did it come from?!?!?!?
Do people just make this shit up?

I saw that last week.
I have seen that before.