Is collision required on financed bikes?

^ marriage throws everything out the window when it comes to insurance.

Cmon, you even work for M&T. They never even asked me about having full coverage on any of my bikes.

I just took a personl loan through HSBC when I got my bike and didn’t need full coverage but i wanted it because like everyone else said, If i crashed and it was totalled it would be a total loss and I would be paying for it still. I pay 40/month for full coverage on my 636 and i’m 25.

That’s kind of irrelevant though, a personal loan is unsecured by default so they don’t care if you flush the money down the toilet.

It’s also higher interest than a auto loan, so that’s doesn’t make much sense. If you are going to run full coverage anyways you could get a vehicle loan and save on interest.

i am required to have full coverage on my bike, it’s financed.

i pay $79 a month. 22 with a “clean record” on an '08 600rr with progressive. they were the cheapest.

i guess moral of the story is buy a liter, get married, and pay low insurance:)

Back when I was pricing insurance (liability only) and I was not married etc…
My cheapest rates were through Nova…

Then my insurance agent turned out to be a dirtbag on a personal level and I went to progressive.

Anyone tried them for full coverage? I think JuicedSS used or had used Nova.

Ya thinking more about it, I can not imagine not having full coverage on it. One lay down and its destroyed and even tho I can pay it off, I still have a 9k pile of metal where as I could file a claim and get it back working and selling or get a check.

Not sure where my original logic was. Glad this did stem to the insurance quote discussion becuase a 400/month insurance quote really worried me but nice to see that a random one through Progressive was under $150 so there is hope after I call around.

Just think too… You might get into a not so terrible crash and get a nice salvage bike for cheap.

I had nova for liability … i was 18… it was 180-240 for the year…

Then I bought a new bike… tried to transfer insurance to it… they needed me to come in and sign papers… (80 miles away) or cancel and get a new agent… I cancelled the insurance… went with a new agent… and was denied for coverage due to tickets :fu:

I then went with progressive and it was 400 for liability and comp… 1 year later i bought a liter bike (from my 636) and my insurance dropped to 600 full coverage and 200 for liability and comp…

which is what I have on it now… i pay 200 a year now… and collision is now only 400…

Nova, back in the day said either full coverage or liability only… apparently they got burned by a bunch of people who wrecked and claimed the bikes were stolen. :tdown: