Is it worth anything? 1971 Mach 1..

I saw that thing on craigslist before, he was asking some insane number for it.

everything you linked are not sold. You can ask 1 million dollars. But nobody will buy it.

There is a difference between show car/cruiser and “semi rough shape and was built as a drag car supposedly over 1k hp”

When it comes down to it your friend got screwed. He took a crappy car worth very little for a job someone could not pay for. If i was him and yourself i should take the car back and work out a payment plan with the customer. There is a reason the car is so rough looking and has not sold on CL when it was on there.

Is there any pictures of the exterior?

I don’t have the car with me just yet but all I can say is that while I didn’t see any heavy rust, the body needs work + headlights missing that sort of thing. Vin # is 1F05M160841 and shows up as this in a quick search http://www.vinwiz.com/1960-1980FMEL.php?vin=1F05M160841

I don’t know how much it was built but when seeing in person there seemed to be a whole lot of aftermarket parts in the engine bay ie. MSD etc.

Are you saying the cars I listed won’t fetch that kind of money? Don’t be so naive. They sell all the time for prices in that range. I listed a shell and some parts as well. All of those prices are fair market value. We all get it, you don’t like that bodystyle, and you think he got ripped off. He was owed $5k? I’m guessing he’s got a car that will easily fetch $5k.

Person who was broke needed money but couldn’t easily sell this highly valuable car for cash to pay for work? :lol:

So instead they trade it and push it onto someone else who will also have a hard time converting it to cash…

If it would sell for 5k it would of sold for the year it was in CL.

Unfortunately, selling this '71 mustang in Buffalo, NY will be extremely difficult. If you have the time, you’ll make the more by parting it…the heads alone could fetch $2-3k by themselves.

Give him 5k for it make maximum profits?