is she worth it?

[quote=“eclipsed,post:41,topic:36878"”]

ive had some experience with this…

my fiance is an attractive girl with red hair, so you could see where this goes… you walk into a bar, and drunk dudes love to ask the obligatory “does the carpet match the drapes” question.

this tends to make her uncomfortable, and justifiably so. she has a ring on her finger, and most guys with the perceptive capabilities of a 3rd grader can notice that. more often than not, i turn it around by making some kind of witty/joking/friendly remark back to them, in which i include the fact that she is my fiance.

with that being said, i understand your sentiments, because i hate it when people show outward disrespect towards her, and indirect disrespect towards me (as its obvious i am with her). i cant tell you that the thought of really letting it rip on one of these guys hasnt crossed my mind, but i make a conscious choice to make people laugh and diffuse the situation.

if things really did get that bad, i would immediately leave the bar or restaurant. frankly, its not worth getting into an altercation with people that will do nothing but attempt to drag you and your girl down to their scumbag level.

i do understand your emotions, but get them under control. you will respect yourself more for taking charge of the situation and handling it in a positive way.

[/quote]