Is there a Legal decible rating for exhaust?

x2

slowmaro95z28 has Headers and 0ry with the SLP loudmouth and hasnt been pulled over yet…so u have nothing to worry about

Turtle Creek Cops always follow me as well. I think any high profile car they see, they will run the plates on and see if there is anything they can get you for. Just drive legally and they usually turn off.

I got pulled over twice for my exaust

the first time my car was all motor it has a CARB legal DC muffler on it…It wasent even close to being loud…
the second time was just a few weeks ago he wrote me up for an “exaust leak” and hit me up for sound level

Just for clarification, “reasonable doubt” would not be the test for this type of case should you actually appear in court. You would basically just have to prove to the judge’s satisfaction (read: completely prove) that the reading was measured incorrectly or that some procedure wasn’t followed. Unfortunately unless you are pretty savvy about the law, most judges are not quick to find this sort of thing in your favor. Little technicalities don’t mean you’ll get out of it, and they know you are basically not going to file an appeal because it’s way more expensive and time consuming, negating the value of getting out of the ticket.

I clerked for a county court and watched stuff like this happen all the time. You are definitely fighting an uphill battle if you take this stuff into court.

in my x civic that dogiefresh has i got pulled over for a loud muffler and the cop gave me a citation for a loud muffler…i took him to court and the judge had nothing to say about it because he didnt present a db meter so i got out of it

I am assuming that what he was doing to.cause the second time he was really on my ass.now that i think of it at that time i had tail light covers so maybe he was trying to decide if he was going to pull me over for that.i dunno

i can vouch for that…that fuckers loud as shit

both of my diesels are very loud but i have not yet been bothered by local or state cops

i think he’s been lucky or that cops dont care. his car is loud as fuck. Mine is pretty loud and is my own personal limit in sound, i wouldnt go any louder.

headers and off road y will be super loud lol.

and if the cops are just riding your ass, i’d stop somewhere and let them pass. if they stop with you, i’d ask them whats up.

Although I hate most Harley Riders…Because Harley’s exhausts are loud OEM…you can’t ticket someone for using OEM parts which sux for us

Cars are controlled from the factory in noise department, and by that sense, motorcycles should be too.

I dont quite buy the whole bit on being loud is for safety purposes… harley guys are annoying as hell. i hate the fact that they need to get on it at every intersection and REV the piss out of those motors at every stop.

idk how sam never got pulled over in his z28, it is wayyyyy too loud. I can’t stand it when its like 2:30 in the morning and fags on harleys are coming home from the bar and have to get on it on every road possible. its way too late asshole.

i call it the PULL ME OVER exhaust :smiley:

Collectible tags FTW…

they say there is a decibal level u have to meet. But then again if you read pa laws You are not aloud to modify your exhaust in any way or form. They can ticket you for anything now a days. If u have a muffler thats aftermarket and is a tad louder they can ticket u. Cops are assholes. Just drive and hope u dont get pulled over