is there a way to physically delete codes from your ECU

Yes that would be 6 fails.
you fail.

Did you guys know if you can change the registration on your vehicle to a weight over 8000lbs. and you only have to pass safety inspection. I was talking with the guy at the local speed parts shop who built a 99 S10 with a carbed bigblock set up for the track, but he wanted to drive on on the road too. He went to the dmv asked to change the registration to show the truck weighs 8000lbs (curb or GVW I am not sure) and it only had to pass saftey inspection, like a dump truck or something like that.

I think if a civic weighted 8000 lbs it might throw a red flag at the DMV :lol But yes I have heard of that before.

well the tranny isn’t going to cause emission codes which is what the inspection computer looks for. the problem tho is the check engine light will be on which no matter what is an instant fail

trucks are one thing… cant do that for cars… GRVW is based off the vin, which means not changeable

yeah i guess that makes sense. he did mention telling dmv that he switched the axels or something, and that i guess allowed him to raise the GRVW. bummer for cars I guess. It might be hard to explain to DVM that your honda civic has rockwells for axles. lol

Pull the bulb out? :lol

Ron, their should be a way to bypass the sensors so that it reads the auto tranny as their, gotta cross some wires/put in resistors…

Ron let’s do this:

Unplug sensors
Run car
Plug in my code scanner
Read codes

Profit

ya ! thats what i was trying to say, well i was going to try to say then forgot because it was a while since i read abot that…

its some kind of shiz u connect to where your O2 should of been and it pulsates the voltage or w/e

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww337/danjerusmoke/o2sim.jpg

That’s how it’s done

with subaru’s you can turn off the certain parameter and “force” ecu readiness so you can pass. ive done this with romraider/ecuedit on my 92x and wrx.

I know that I can with my car using my tuning program (HP Tuners).

there is ways around everything .ill leave it at that