is there any mustang tuners local?

GT40P are the ones that require different headers.

GT40X are the Ford Racing heads.

For the trouble and cost of a head swap its not worthwhile for 20hp. I paid $1200 to get headgaskets replaced on my car when I blew one.

I went with a set of AFR 165’s on my 302 and a set of World Windsor Sr (iron) heads on my 347 stroker. I picked up the World’s used for about the cost of a set of GT40’s and they were bigger and better heads.

not intercooled and pjb, from what ive read, heads are the best mod you can do to a 5.0 stang and can gain you up to 40whp… im prolly gonna leave the ghetto h pipe it has now on there as its done correctly, just looks shitty and the welds might have to be re-welded… might extend it a foot or two though so the exhaust fumes dont rise and come out of the shifter into the cabin. pjb im pretty sure the gt40/gt40p heads just bolt right on and ive got headers as it is.

def send the exhaust out the back… pounding the ground under your ass like it is now is DRONYASFUCK. it wont sound any different to people as you go by, but its 10 times more annoying being dumped under the car instead of out back, or even out the sides infront of the back wheels. (out the sides would be dope, and cheap to do since its more or less 2 90 bends and some stright pipe, and some sort of tips or just slash cut the pipes.)

Heads are a good mod but you get what you pay for. Putting stock Explorer parts on a Mustang really isnt worth the effort. Ive never seen a fast 5.0 Explorer, have you?

GT40P heads require different headers than regular GT40 heads. You wont have issues with regular GT40’s though.

LX’s look good with polished tips out back too. My MAC catback had some nice tips and it was fairly cheap on ebay.

Flowmasters sound like shit so dont get them. Horrible drone at highway speeds.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/86-87-93-Ford-Mustang-GT40P-302-Cylinder-Heads-Complete-GT40-Machined-Rebuilt-/181105472267?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a2aba330b&vxp=mtr

seems like good power for the money as i and other people spend a g or more on an exhaust with barely any power gain lol

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GOKABeWASk”]supercharged 347 stroker alum heads 4:11 posi in a clean ford explorer - YouTube[/ame]

I spent $300 on a set of World heads for my car and they already had upgraded springs and were gasket matched (slightly ported).

Look around on sites like www.nymustangs.com before buying anything.

of course you found the one Explorer not driven by a soccer mom that has a built motor

im just saying if there already on there… if its stock ill buy the best, but if its got gt40/p heads on it now im leaving em.

:number1

theres a bunch of upgraded explorers and mountaineers

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlv_F2GZ2Ds”]Supercharged Mercury Mountaineer 2 - YouTube[/ame]

they have forums too.

i have seen v6 turbo, nos, supercharged and all that on a v8 in a explorer local

most of those things got dumped in the cash for clunkers program.

most older easier to fix cars end up there. if everyone already has a car how do you sell a new one?

the cash for clunkers helps big business. if you buy a chevy new and plan on changing the headlight yourself your crazy. they were designed to bring back to dealer for repairs so the dealer can make more money to pay back tax paying americans. look into that.

off topic but good info

One of my friends dumped a POS '96 Explorer in that program and got over $4k for it. It was rusting and had over 130k and had other issues. He got a new Hyundai.

10/10 PJB post, would read again

Dave I would all cappolla, He has done quite a bit with 5.0s. As far as head GT40 heads have 3 “bars” on the front of them. and GT40P heads have 4. I made 290HP with my motor. Its basically a Ford racing cam, intake,headers and gt40P heads. Otherwise its 100% stock.

You can see the “bars” im talkin about on the front of my head.

Lfb I left u a voicemail ! Coppola can handle and do what ya want to achieve your goals ! Also big red is right as he got his heads from me lol . Jellies I see a lotttttt of 5.0 explorers man

but how many of those Explorers arent bone stock soccer mom trucks?
And back when I had my Mustake nobody was tuning them locally. Just rice rockets and Chevy’s getting tuned around here.

people tune mustangs all over ny. it didnt just start. i think you didnt know any. or that was what you ment.

that question was not for me but there more “fast” explorers than you think. people mod the more common v6s too

The closest Mustang tuner was around 3 hours away when I had mine. I thought about getting mine tuned but decided it ran good enough and wasnt worth the hassle.