Is there any point to saving money (collecting)

paper money is worth something, i was up at a huge ass sale over the weekend and is seen some of those silver certificates on like 10’s goin for 30 bucks, and a $500 bill goin for 998, so i guess sometimes money really isnt what it seems. But coins are were there is some kind of market, them dollar coins they released had some kind of misprint in them and they are worth alot from what i hear kinda makes it worth lookin at the cash before i spend it

My mom is into saving them. She has like $20 worth of every state that has come out. I dont know how they are now but in the classifieds in the newspaper i saw people looking for certain states and willing to pay 30-40cents for each. Im sure once all 50 states are out people will pay decent money for complete sets. And as the first ones get harder to find prices will go up.

Just remember The lowest of the first 3 states is Delaware with,If I remember right around 700,000,000 minted.That’s 3 for every person in the U.S.They won’t be rare for another 100 yrs if even then.
But I have a 100 rolls+ of ea. if interested.
D

ehh, its something to keep my mom busy so i dont care, lol

:tdown: credit sucks. I have none

you are better off taking that money and buying a house.

its never too late to start

I can’t even begin to tell you how hard this made me laugh. I honestly couldn’t breathe…Funny Shit

lol show me what kind of house I can put a $186 dp on

I’ve got money put away for a house already

the growth of that $186 is way less than $186 invested in a house. If you are lucky, over 20 years, you will be able to sell that $100 bill for 120 dollars. Ok, so you made $20 off that bill… nope, not really… inflation and other stuff will negate that. What can you buy for exactly $100 now? one way plane ticket to NYC? ok, in 20 years, will you be able to buy a plane ticket for $120? I doubt it… I bet it will cost more than that. Sooo in the end you are actually LOSING money by holding onto it. So just go spend it :slight_smile: