Is this an automotive first?

Gee Tom, I’m glad someone else noticed :slight_smile:

I refuse to believe that.

I don’t know what your standards were, but mine may be high.

The GMT360 is really…scary.

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/rating.aspx?id=140

I can’t believe you claimed to drive most of these and couldn’t tell the difference. Whenever I drive my aunt’s Envoy I can’t help but think, “How did they get this car so wrong?” The interior is a disaster. The seats have this thing called vinyl on them. If she would have ordered fabric, she would have gotten this velour shit with multicolored swooshes all over it like it’s a disco. The plastics are horrid. The shift lever appears to be shoddily connected to a wishbone–I guess GM just suspected people to HOPE that they had picked the right gear. It’s also surrounded by this material called vinyl. Then they stitch a better quality vinyl to the top of the lever. And then they have this button popping out the side that has exposed seams. Supposedly it’s for if the driver wants to attempt to select the right gear. The steering wheel may also have a similar, higher-quality vinyl that was stitched by Susan B. Anthony. There’s fake wood. And it’s not even tastefully done. It manages to look fake. Kia managed to make the Sorrento’s interior tasteful with two strips of fake wood that manage to imitate wood decently for a cheap car. The steering is also connected to the wishbone–one has no idea if the steering wheel is even connected to the front wheels. It’s a mystery. Magically when you turn the wheel the car manages to turn which is a pleasant surprise. The steering is so light that even Calista Flockhart could pilot it around Texas. Lexus should reverse engineer the steering because even they can’t make steering more uninspiring. The brakes are not brakes–they’re just things to help slow down the car when the weight and aerodynamics (which do nothing for wind noise, by the way) aren’t enough. They’re supplemental and it shows. The engine is really nice (if one chooses the base I6 and not the dated, loud and lumpy 5.3 vortec v8), but they strap it to this mandy pandy gearbox. So it has 260hp, but it shifts so early and slowly that all is lost. It rides like a brick and the structure creaks over bumps. It has proven that getting the extended warranty is a good idea–my uncle would have had to pay $800 to fix the thing had he not splurged for the $800 warranty. Cars that are less than 5 years old should not need $800 parts replaced. It almost scares me that they make an SS version with more power. The car doesn’t need more power. Thank god they strap it to a similar 4 speed automatic, so it’s likely that not much of that power is making it to the wheels.

And then when I drove an Outlook they got nearly everything right. I was amazed. And the Equinox and Torrent are nice. And even the updated VUE is nice. I just don’t know where the GMT360 came from, but it’s a raging POS.

No. The H3 is based on a Canyon. It even uses that weird 5 cylinder.

My standards are very high. I completely agree on all of your points except the steering and geerbox. Steering wise it is a truck… and a large one at that. One cannot expect it to give you the feedback a Miata would. Tires have a lot to do with this as well. The tranny was right on in the Trailblazer I had. No complaints.

The interior is a absolute joke like you said… MOST GM interiors are. Ford materials are on a similar level to GMs but at least the Styling is marginally better.

I hope GMs interior designer design team has a accident.

They did:
http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/nyias_2006/outlook/10.jpg

i drive an SUV, a heavy one at that. i can feel the steering very well. when u turn the wheel, u can feel whats going on at the surface of the road. so i agree with those who say that the steering on those trucks are dog shit

Not bad. Shifter handle has got to go.

H3 is based off the midsize platform of the Colorado/ canyon pickups

Ron is going to beat me up now. :eekdance:

And anyway…remember the J-Body?

Look at that list! It includes the Cadillac Cimarron

yoW.

buick skyhawk!

I had one of those…like 15 years ago…:bloated:

Good old GM for ya, I not gonna start a GM rant but I hate em, and they have done it for years too, other companies do it, but not even as close to a bad a GM. and how about that horrid 3.4 V6 that makes me wanna puke ever time I hear it, YUCK, how many cars was that put in.

When joestypes and I dropped of his dads vette at Fucillo for the sport exhaust, they gave us a new fully loaded trailblazer for a loaner. It was fucking terrible. The nav screen was angled DOWN so you could barely see it. Worst interior ever.

Yeah and is that Inline 6 not the most pathetic sounding motor you have ever heard ?

it has a restrictive exhaust, and im sure your dodge STEALTHH has is so much more manlier sounding…My buick sounds better than your stealth ever will.

and how many NA inline 6’s put out 300hp stock again? :bloated:

I dont care it sounds Horrabl, and that was Kinda the point its got power, it just doesnt sound like it, WHY

Restrictive exhaust, 90% of consumers dont want to hear there engines, they want quiet compartments, if you want to hear the engine in your trailblazer buy the SS