Is tonawanda court "First come, first serve"?

they must have been on a cell phone violation binge, ive got court in two weeks for one as well

and for the inspection and registration part, you should have just gone to the court right after and showed you had them, thus getting them dropped immediately…

Seeing the judge is quick, seeing the prosecutor is HOURS…

i think hamburg is the only court i been too that wasn’t first come first serve.

depew isnt

Can anyone else confirm this for me? I’ve got a court date in hamburg in a few weeks.

Expect to be there for at least a hour no matter what time you go.
Getting there early allows you to put your name first on the “Defendant” list on the prosecutors door.

There is also a “Lawyer” list that takes precedence. No matter what time these pricks show up they get to go before you. So you wait anyway…

we do the same thing with tickets procrastinate to the extent. he will dissmiss them i have never payed a fix it ticket in tonawanda and i never show up right after just giving some insight on it

vmail left…

TRUTH… you sign a list… i was page 8 last time i was there… they TOOK FOREVER to get through the lists… Arrive early. get you name on the list… get in after the PRIORITY people go through…

If I did not type like i was four i would do a write up on courts for you people

Not to change the subject of newman’s question - but Hamburg court is not first come first serve. First you see the court clerk, sign your ticket pleading not guilty, go downstairs to see the DA. Wait til he calls your name, go back upstairs and wait for the judge to call your name.

I’ve only been to Brant court and Hamburg court though, so I’m not sure if that’s how most courts work. Brant doesn’t do that though, so that’s all I’m going on.

Hamburg isn’t bad though. I just went there on Monday for 16 over. $85 fine. No school. Pretty sweet.

hamburg town,or village?
I showed up at the town court once…was like the 5th person in line at 3:30. DA walked in at 4pm and said, everyone get in alphebetical order starting with your last name, mine being Sedlmeier, i went back like 90 people

I always take a lawyer now, even if it costs me, i’d rather be in and out than sit there for hours

I was in tonawanda court in April for doing 78, man that was a stupid night, It was like February that i got pulled over and it had snowed. I usually watch the ends of the guardrails to watch for cops. I saw the snow piles blocking the reflectors and though “damn I cant check for cops” and then the last spot before i get off the 290 to the 190 I spotted the car as I was passing it. I changed lanes and rode it out for a bit while he followed me. As soon as I tapped the breaks his lights went on. It was a trooper with a typical Irish name. Unfortunately no warning. First time I got pulled over after 8 years with a license.

But anyway, I was in and out of court within an hour, I showed up first thing and got out quick. You walk into and office around the corner and say “do you agree to go to class and we will reduce the charge, if so sign here” waited in the hall for a moment later while they played The Police on the radio. The judge showed up a little late. But I was in and out.

is my word not good enough? i have been there a handful of times, the best time to go is not Friday night but the morning time slot. you get in and out way faster.

sooooo. howd it go? didja win?

i’m not going until the 27th

Originally Posted by layzie
i think hamburg is the only court i been too that wasn’t first come first serve.

based on your answer it made it seem like you weren’t 100%. I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the answer and sorry to get the thread off topic.

i’ve been to ton. town court like 83,271 times. just show up early, sign the paper on the wall at the end of the hall… talk to town prosecutor - he will get rid of everything except cell ticket if you have the proof with you - pay cell fine… that’s it. i’ve never had a cell ticket but if you’re pleading guilty and just paying it you might not even have to see the judge. i dunno if there are points associated with it or if it’s just a fine??)

(for most moving violations you see the judge just to get it reduced, but you can always just pay at the clerk window and take the points / ass raping).

OK. going to court today.

I was shooting to arrive at 4:15-4:30

is that too early? not early enough?

i have a letter from my insurance agent stating i had insurance and that there was no lapse as well as the reg from the STI stating that it was in effect.

I brought kids…

LOL
That too got me out in 5 minutes.