Court corruption.....awesome

On a trip back to buffalo back in it was either april or may, i got pulled over on the NYS thruway and got written for 81 in a 65, im pretty sure i wasn’t above 75 but whatever i plead not guilty and mailed it in.

I get a letter for court on june 26th, would have to travel back up to middle of NY (just outside of syracuse) for it but i get a letter from the court that states due to people taking summer vacation court has been rescheduled for mid-july. This new date was going to conflict with vacation plans i had already set so i tried calling them to reschedule. When i call i get an answering machine stating that court is only held on mondays and someone is only there to answer the phones between 6pm - 8pm. http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/wtf.gif someone only answers the phones for 2hrs a week? Of course everytime i try to call its a busy signal for 2hrs, then right at 2hrs & 1min switches back to voicemail. So i figure i’ll just blow off the july date, get a letter in the mail about missing court, and reschedule that way. So i do that, get my letter in the beginning of august, check off not guilty and mail it back.

I get a letter yesterday, hand signed by the judge, stating how he has already rescheduled my court date twice for me, once on June 26th (which was reschuduled by them, i did not request it), and then again on December 25th (http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/wtf.gif xmas??, xmas hasnt even gone by yet since i got the ticket). And how he will not reschedule me a new court date until he has faith in me that i will appear. Plus instead of the initial 81 in a 65 charge, i now have an additional charge labeled as “Section 601B. Miscellaneous”

I’m trying to look up now if NYS points will transfer over to my PA license. If they don’t im thinking of just calling and changing my plea to guilty, but i dont want this asshole judge to hit me with a $1000 fine either.

NYS can suck my ass. They will fuck with you in any way possible. Good luck, hope things work out for you.

i looked it up and points do not transfer to PA. But the max fine for 16 over is $300 and 0-15days in prison.

I just dont want this prick to assess me 15days in lockup just because he feels like being a dick.

I dont think they will throw you in the slammer. Unless your cocky in court. Fines for traffic violations are becoming rediculous.

well thats all i’m worried about, if the max fine is $300 whatever i’d rather just plea guilty and pay that then have to drive 5 hours to get chewed out by a judge just to have to pay $300 anyway.

dress to impress

i have to call them and get a new date still, the judge refuses to give me a rescheduled date, hopefully the phone number on the new letter isnt the same BS 2hr only phone.

seriously that must be so annoying

yeah im pretty pissed off about it right now

it’s probably some awful secretary that screwed everything up and now you are getting blammed so they won’t. Sorry to hear. I’d type a profession looking letter to the Judge personally, and enclose copies of everything you received with an explaination and request to remove the MISC. charges. Don’t blame them, just say there must have been a misunderstanding and that you would like to make things right.

word

hopefully i saved the letter where they changed the original court date, im pretty sure i scanned the original tickets.

Documentation is your friend. A lawyer would help too.

well i found the scanned copies of the original ticket, but i accidentally printed them to our large plotters. I was trying to figure out why it didnt print from my desktop when the secretary brought it back to me in 24"x36" size lol

typing ta letter seems like the way to go. if this is some little court definately don’t go blaming th secratary because it is probably the gudges sister and wife, and cousin or some wierd crap.

yeah that’s what i’m gonna do once i decide if i want to stick with not guilty or change my plea to guilty.

NEVER plead guilty!!!

word!! listen to the lady and never ever plead guilty.

PS points may not transfer to PA but they will know about the ticket, im almost positive the points do transfer though…

i called the DMV and also talked to a local lawyer, NYS points will not transfer to my PA license.

So i just have to decide whether i want to still plead not guilty and lose a day of work + spend $100 in gas to go to court, or just plead guilty and pay whatever fine i get.

Isnt blowing off a court date = arrest?

I remember going with someone for a arraignment and they told them that if they left and their name was called, they have the right to go out and arrest you. To be honest, I don’t think that was the best choice to get a reschedule.

Plus, do you really wanna not go and not be allowed to drive in NY?