Missed my court date....now what?

So on memorial day I got a speeding ticket on the 290. I thought that I had to respond to the ticket by the 28th of June, well I looked at my ticket tonight and realized that it actually said the 24th of June. I got pulled over doing 74 in a 55 by a state trooper in Amherst. So does anyone have any idea what could happen now?

warrent.

no way…you have to be kidding…

im pretty sure they dont just put out a warrent for your arrest.

yea I didnt think so…like I figured I would just call and explain what happened and that it was an accident and maybe they would just give me a court date?? I dunno, I just don’t want to pay a fine AND get points on my license…getting it reduced to a parking ticket would be sweet.

just call the court tomorrow and let them know the situation. they will probably send you a letter before they take legal actions.

i missed mine in east aurora before and they just rescheduled. you might looking at points though, thats a pretty hefty ticket.

yea but my friend just had a ticket for 47 in a 35 in amherst on youngs near ECC and he got it reduced and a $125 fine so I dunno. I’m a fucking idiot basically…

relax.first is warning with a resched.if you miss the second you will get a warrant.it is not a big deal if u do get the warrant.u post the fine as bail and come back the next day.call the court tomorrow and let them know

lol thanks I didnt think it would be a big deal but with amherst…I wouldnt be surprised if they knocked my door down lol

no, jesus… they’ll mail you a letter being like hey… you missed this… come this date. go then and finish everything up.

for now dont worry about it. even if you get pulled over you’ll be fine. the dmv will mail you a letter over 1 month before you license is suspended.

srsly, dont worry about it. just sit and wait, they’ll call you dont call them haha

it is fun being detained.

hmm…i dunno, I would think just calling them and being like…“yea I mixed up the date, it was a mistake” would be better then blowing them off altogether.

trust me, ive been arrested 3x for this shit i know what im talking about

you sir are fucking RETARDED

OMG YOU ARE GOING TO JAIL!

were I turn myself in on ticket in niagara falls.I will never pay them late again

omg i know!!! holy shit I’m gonna die!!! lol I’m not freaking out by any means…I mean I know Im fucking stupid for speeding on the 290 in the first place and now missing my court date is just bad luck i guess…i just wanted to know if anyone had any insight as to what would be the best way to go about it is all.

yep, going to jail… way to go on that one

:slight_smile:

well, when I go to jail, at least then you’ll be able to come over to my apt and play video games all night with Adam hahaha.

You get a letter in the mail saying you missed the date and you have 30 days to correct it or they suspend your license. If you don’t do it within the 30 days you pay a ton of fees to get your license back.

yup, i learned my lesson too. never again. i do have some pretty neat souviners though

bail amount minus fines =