Rochester court?

Wait - so if I was speeding on the 490, and I have a court date…

There is no plea down? What exactly is the deal?

If I get a lawyer it won’t help?

Ask sedlmeier?

Who fined you? Trooper or local?

I had one there once. I had many points at the time, so I just hired a lawyer in Rochester and he took care of everything. I didn’t even have to show up. I think I just had to pay a fine. It cost me like $400 for the lawyer and then $200 for the fine I believe. Expensive little adventure!

hey fag, in rochester its called “490” not “THE 490” shit like that will get you stabbed

what town, or was it in the city (in which case you’re fucked)

pretty sure it was the city.

You 585 faggots are always bitching about that… :shrug:

fixed.

Pretty sure it was a trooper

I was there in June and there was in fact no plead down and no DA. I’m not sure if you have to specifically request to meet with one? If you plead not guilty be prepared to defend yourself in front of the judge. I got lucky and the officer that wrote me the ticket didn’t show up and it was dismissed.

OT: what time are you available tonight, I want to get some kind of plan together for the weekend after this one coming up…

in city = just mail it in guilty… they don’t play games. I think I’ve heard that downtown buffalo is the same deal.

Well, I need to hear this from someone with experience.

No offense - just because there’s apparently more than a speeding ticket here.

Probably a good idea to get a lawyer eh?

Doesn’t matter if it was trooper, rpd or fife, if it’s city, don’t even bother coming to court. The only time it’s worth it to go to court is if you got a speed that was judged by eye, no radar. In that case the judge will give you a speed of 5mph less which could have an impact on how many points you get. Cops are trained to judge speed by eye +/-5MPH.

It may be worth it to go to court. If the trooper does not show up, the ticket gets dropped. It may be worth it to try and find someone that knows that trooper and ask if he can go to dunkin donuts instead of court.

lol no shit… someone brought that up over the weekend.

and it’s POP

I’ve heard ONLY Buffalo, and NYC/Albany are like this. All other cities in NY you can plead down, (syracuse,rochacha ect) This is what i’ve HEARD. though.

Just because they are trained doesn’t mean they are good at judging speed.

lol… I have friends who have tried to get city tickets reduced even with an attorney the judge and DA offered no deal. Any of the suburbs of rochester it’s the usual 1110a (or better) game.

dead hookers in the trunk?

I lived in the city of Rochester just about my entire life (the actual city, not nearby towns). If you got a ticket within city limits on 490, its either going westbound as you’re crossing the genesse river over the big white bridge they just built, theres a cop that sits at the exit for broad and plymouth, or going east bound before the culver road exit/before the 590 split.

If you dont think either of these apply, you probably didnt get a city ticket. 490 doesn’t stretch though the city that much, and because of the contruction there isnt much opportunity to be speeding through anyway.Whats the court location/mailing address on your ticket say?