IT guys... do you know where to get one of these?

at a decent price?

I’m sure someone here has to have some experience with them. I could use one, but don’t want to spend 100 bucks on it :meh:

What purpose does it serve in your case? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a DVI to USB.

…:::EDIT:::… Here is a slightly lower priced one with free shipping.

I have 3 monitors, but only one GPU (non-quadro) :frowning:

I’d like to have the 3rd for some extra screen realestate and figured something like this would be the easiest/cheapest way to go. I’m deff. open to alternatives though if you can suggest something

all 3 displaying something different correct?

yeah (no mirror/ghost of another display if that’s what ya mean)

Yeah I would have suggested a DVD splitter if that was the case, but I’m sure you could have figured that out.

Would adding another GPU be able to do this? Nothing high end maybe an 8800 or something?

I’ll continue browsing around see if I can find a viable solution to triple displays.

unfortunitly I only have 1 pci-e slot :tdown:

actually… I think I have an old PCI S3 64mb card laying around. That should work, no?

Should…I’m watching a youtube video now of someone with 3 monitors one had the desktop one had Word and one had dreamweaver i think. He had 3 cards though :(.

damn… deff out of my budget lol

You can try the USB to DVI thing but 69.99 was the cheapest I could find. I might try a dual monitor setup later.

thanks for the heads up. I might try using the PCI card first… it’s worth a shot I guess. If it doesn’t work, where did you find one for 70?

thanks man

Do you have an on board?

How many PCI slots do you have?

nah, no onboard. Not 100% sure off hand, put I “think” I have 2 regular PCI slots open, and one PCI-e x1, but that’s blocked by my video card :\

YOU HAVE TO USE A VIDEO CARD THAT SHARES THE SAME DRIVER AND YOU CAN PUT 40 cards in if you can fit it.

basically all of nvidia use the same video driver. So if you have Nvidia 6600SuperBalls in the PCIe and Nvidia 9800dickLicker in the pci slot, and they share the same driver… it will work

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_181.22_whql.html

click products supported

shit… figured someone would say that. thanks for the heads up

Give the PCI card a shot. I had this running at my old job with 2 video cards and two monitors for about 3 years. One was a shitty old nvidia card I brought in from home and the onboard was ATI. Once Windows sees the card you should just be able to enable it in the display properties and extend your desktop to it.

cool, thanks jay… I’ll try it out

no you can run multiple drivers but you may or may not get conflicts… i was running 3 monitors on a PCI nvidia card and an intel onboard video card.

didn’t try with pci and a pci-e card though, don’t see why it would be any different though.

edit: also depending on what windows picks up as the primary you’ll need to have monitors hooked up to both cards to do the initial setup but once you get it set it should stay after reboot.

:tup: thanks chino