multi monitor video cards....

ok, some know the huge nerdage that i have at work. some don’t.

but anyways…

work wont buy me a 32" cinema display which is ridiculous, but whatever…

i have 4 lcd’s.

i want to make them all work together.

i have to buy more video cards, i know this, but i want it to be manageable. plus ill need a kvm because i have multipal boxes that will be using these monitors.

this is the set up that im working with:

http://www.ergotron.com/3_products/flat_panel/hd_multi/images/33-096.jpg

on the bottom left i want the task bar

and on the rest i want a huge desktop.

I know it can be done, but i just want to be sure how to do it…

i don’t really have time to do research, so if anyone has any input on this i would appreciate it…

in - because I’ve always wanted to know how to do this so that I can make a wall of televisions for shits & giggle.

get two dual display cards, and make sure that they have the capability to span desktops (create one solid monitor, instead of extending the desktop) I know the card i just picked up at work can do it, and its pci, which you will need to run two of them, since i dunno of many boards with two agp slots.

its a geforce fx5500 (pny)

its cheap as shit but for multi displays it works really well.

werd :tup:

you will probably need some sort of desktop management software aswell. The nVidia software doesnt work all that well IMO.

I’m running 2 monitors at the moment and tried expanding it to one large desktop (so the start bar goes along the bottom of both screens) opposed to 2 seperate desktops but it didnt like that for some reason.

try a program called ultramon or another good one is multimon taskbar

edit.

you might only need one dual display vid card actually.

I’m currently running monitor 1 from the primary port on my GeForce card, and the second one from the S-Vid port. So if you have on board video you could probably use that along with the primary/secondary and s-video connections from your dual display card. Havent done it myself, but it seems like it should work ok.

let us know how it goes